Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favorite combat logs.  (Read 4744 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: Favorite combat logs.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 07:22:21 am »

I've had two great fights, ambushes both of them.
A group of dwarves were gathering equipment.
Including my miner. A bunch of goblin archers showed up, which is basically game over, so I sounded the retreat and they rushed for the base, miner bringing up the rear.

The miner deflected over a dozen arrows before making the bridge and having it raised. No one had a scratch on them.

Second was a double/triple/etc ambush
I had my two alpha squads obliterating some group of goblins who showed up while my medium squad was chasing a snatcher. The snatcher was injured from a stone fall trap, so the squad was gaining on him. The squad was just one guy..the other guys were..well who knows. Having a drink or something.

The swordsdwarf was only level 5, and the rest of his skills not that hot. Suddenly, the nth ambush showed up as he was chasing this snatcher. 8 goblins. I quickly tasked a legendary squad to rescue him, but there was no time. He was all alone against 8 goblins.

He immediately entered a martial trance.

they basically exploded, because he was wielding an adamantine short sword. limbs, heads, blood everywhere.

By the time the legendary axe dwarves showed up, there was nothing left. No one escaped. The goblins only managed to land a single blow. They missed or he dodged everything. The one blow that landed was a backstab that was deflected by his steel breastplate. He hit hem every which way. Sliced, stabbed, with the flat of the blade, the pommel, his shield. He basically just threw every body part in various directions at all the goblins and took them all down at once. At some point he got a hand free and just throttled a goblin.

Pages: 1 2 [3]