Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SoundSense problems  (Read 4707 times)

Ticky

• Bay Watcher
  • Polygamist Foul Orgy
    • View Profile
SoundSense problems
« on: May 27, 2013, 06:07:48 am »

I'm using a Mac running Dwarf Builder, and for some reason soundsense isn't working. Dwarf Therapist works, everything else works, just not this. Is there something special I have to do or do I just launch it and that's it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of what it looks like while in game. Nothing's playing and I don't think that's how it should be...

I would really like to get this to work as sound is very helpful when playing, I have seen. Sorry if this is in the wrong section...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:19:10 am by Ticky »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense problems
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 06:46:54 am »

I've had trouble with it not mapping correctly to the gamelog.txt file.  Check the path in the configuration file.

Ticky

• Bay Watcher
  • Polygamist Foul Orgy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:50:37 am »

I've had trouble with it not mapping correctly to the gamelog.txt file.  Check the path in the configuration file.

I'm sorry but can you walk me through on how to do that? I'm not quite sure what to do.

Ionizer

• Bay Watcher
  • Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:15:28 am »

You need to actually download the sounds.  There should be another tab after "Sounds Configuration" that says "Soundpack Update."  Go to that tab and hit "Start Automatic Update."  IIRC, you're downloading somewhere around 250 mb of files and the server it connects to isn't the fastest one in the world (I think it said it was coming from a "de" server, which sometimes means Germany [Deutschland]), so it could take a while.  I have a fast internet connection and I think it took close to an hour.

Good news is that after you download the sounds, after that, you just launch SoundSense and it works fine with no more downloading.  Launch SoundSense before launching Dwarf Fortress, I think I had it not work once the other way around.

EDIT: Also, I think SoundSense overrides the DF in-game volume settings, but it couldn't hurt to double check the in-game volume.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:17:43 am by Ionizer »

Ticky

• Bay Watcher
  • Polygamist Foul Orgy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:28:38 am »

Alright doing that now...I think I was also launching DF first and that may have been a problem, but since I haven't updated it wouldn't have mattered. I'll let you know if it works after this.