Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Requested Map  (Read 535 times)

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Requested Map
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »

Would anyone here like to take up a challenge and create me a map that doesn't have any dwarves on it. Could you tell me the map parameters needed to achieve this? That may sound silly, but I want to start with 7 dwarves and only add population by birth for a challenge. Thx :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:34:25 pm by swimmerdwarf »

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Requested Map
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »

you can't do it. You have to have an existing dwarf civilization in oder to make a fortress. only way to play a map without dwarves on it with dwarves is adventure mode.

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »

you can't do it. You have to have an existing dwarf civilization in oder to make a fortress. only way to play a map without dwarves on it with dwarves is adventure mode.
Okay thanks, for some reason I thought I heard of someone not having any dwarven caravans or migrants because their civilization was killed.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure the migration waves are just randomly generated.  I once played as a member of a dwarf civ that appeared to have no settlements (of course I didn't check this in Legends mode, so I might have been wrong).  It was interesting, the embark options were very sparse.  Neither copper nor even bronze items were available, I had to shell out for iron picks.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:56:17 pm »

I've tried the whole no-civ embark before. Checked legends, civ was dead for 200 years or so, so I used that to embark. Still got caravans, diplomats, and migrants out the wazoo.

If you really want to do a 7 dwarf challenge, set your population cap to 0, and wall off your fort and let the 2 hardcoded migrant waves die and slab / bury them. Probably the easiest way to do it.

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:18 pm »

I've tried the whole no-civ embark before. Checked legends, civ was dead for 200 years or so, so I used that to embark. Still got caravans, diplomats, and migrants out the wazoo.

If you really want to do a 7 dwarf challenge, set your population cap to 0, and wall off your fort and let the 2 hardcoded migrant waves die and slab / bury them. Probably the easiest way to do it.

I believe I read somewhere that if you have less than 14 or 15  dwarves(something like that) migrant waves will still come regardless of your population caps
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »

The number's smaller than that. Seven is fine for a pop cap.

It's also possible to use DFHack to stop the first two waves, by reporting the population directly instead of doing it via the caravan (which comes after the first two waves).
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.