Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are the roadblocks in a world that has both playable dwarfs and goblins?  (Read 1124 times)

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is it that every time I see an orc/goblin mod, regular dwarfs are unplayable? For what reason can you not make a mod in which, in the same world, you can play as both dwarves and an evil civilization at different embark sites? I'd really like to be able to make both adventurer-friendly forts and (troll infested) dungeons in a world.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Every time? I'm not sure about that. It probably has something to do with diggableness of stone, though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You can. It just depends on the mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Yeah, nothing is stopping you from creating a mod where you can have multiple playable civs, it's completely up to the creator whether they want them or not.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

Yeah, you can check out my ancient artifact known as PlayableCiv+, it's sort of a disaster though, I mostly used it for learning how to mod; nevertheless it has a few different races.  If there's any interest, I *could* resurrect it, but eh.
'ere the Chias get hungry...