Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Whimcrafted succession game  (Read 7164 times)

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whimcrafted succession game
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

21 Granite:  I failed to notice that spring started three weeks ago!  I also failed to notice that I was dead.  Technically I'm "missing" and have no clues as to what happened.  I engraved a memorial slab to set up in the hospital and all it says is that I went missing.  I'm guessing I got hit by a drawbridge somewhere.

Funny, I had a very good turn, only a handful of dwarves were lost, but they were all named dwarves! (Zubb, Rocknlol, and now Joe).

We have plenty of food and drink and the fort is sealed to the surface as well as to the caverns.  (The goblins are still outside the gate.) I've mined lots of malachite and have dug to the magma, but didn't set up forges and smelters yet.  The only thing really scarce is wood.  I would recommend the next overseer expand the "grotto" 1 level below the surface.  You could also get a soap industry going... we now have lots of tallow saved up including about 70 units of forgotten beast tallow.  I've moved most of the industries down to the floors below Lower Whimcrafted and my vision is that all the rest would follow, leaving only agriculture and military functions in Upper Whimcrafted.  I still haven't done anything about the defensive weakness of Upper Whimcrafted.  This would be a good area for my successor to do a megaproject ... new entryway, tower, traps, or total re-architecting if you prefer.  I designated a number of male immigrants as "Troopers" fit for drafting into the militia.  Right now the only "barracks" is an armor stand next to the trade depot, so you'll want to improve the facilities for our warriors.

The other big long-term project for you all is to civilize the first cavern layer.  I'd still like to see it done... wall off the edges, put grates over the lakes, pave the road from Upper Whimcrafted to Lower Whimcrafted in gold.  New traps should be prepared before the next FB arrives.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:53:02 pm by joeclark77 »

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »

Savefile, end of turn 3 (second time around!): http://sdrv.ms/16EIGmv

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2013, 02:33:33 pm »

I would like to be a hammerdwarf of MASTER smith. or something like that

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:55 pm »

Bump, because I thought this was abandond.

The zubb gestures at the thread and it shudders with life.

Zombie---->  :-XBraaaaaaiiiiinnsss.

FEW HOUR EDIT:I have looked at the fort and have to say you did a good job stabilizing it joeclark.
It is saturday now and I will attempt to give the fort a year turn if no one has objections.

Dewboy I will make you a dorf that is a smith with a warhammer custom assigned to his own one man squad.

I just looked at the date on the last post. ???
Gonna go ahead with it anyway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:30:51 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »

Aright I'm just gonna let this go back into the necro lands.

I breached the Blue metal land (my fisrt time)  while trying to build a drain for a farm system I was building.

Dewboy was a smith in a squad and lived in peace.

I walled off the mine where they came from.

I abandond.

I got over eager to try this again.

But this was really my last try for whimcrafted.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2013, 10:15:18 pm »

Whimcrafted is destined to die, the save has a really bad RNG.  A few posts back you'll see that even in different saves it dies

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »

I still think it's got a neat concept, i.e. the idea of civilizing the caverns, and could turn into a nice fort.  Give it one more shot!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]