Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire blood disappearing  (Read 970 times)

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire blood disappearing
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:37 am »

I am trying to spread vampirism to my kobolds, but I'm having an issue.  I can get a splatter of blood in the water by stabbing him, but then it disappears.  I think it is moving to the walls.  All eight walls of the 1x1 well are covered in pools blood, but the water square with the vampire has none.

Possibly related is that this vampire oozes copious amounts of pus when stabbed.  I have no problem getting a pool of pus to stay in the water, but blood never lasts long enough for kobolds to draw water from it. 

I've experimented with other vampire juicer designs, but all of them run into this problem.  Water cleans the floor by moving the blood to the walls.  Has anyone found a way to get around this issue?

edit:  I am thinking that the issue is the pus. I observed a kobold draw a bucket of water from water containing both blood and pus, but the bucket only contained pus-laced water.  Can water have more than one contaminant?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:28:07 am by Impedocles »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire blood disappearing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:34 am »

Perhaps not.  Maybe you should juice the vampire then remove him or her before they can get an infection and ooze pus into the well?  Persistent infections that cause continuous oozing of pus will reduce the value of your vampire as a blood source, though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire blood disappearing
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:55:50 am »

That might be a good idea. I managed to get some buckets of blood-laced water from the vampire, but drinking it didn't transform any of the drinkers.  I'm certain that he is a vampire, so I don't know what the issue is.  New vampires are supposed to change their names, right?

Maybe kobolds can't become vampires, though I don't see any indications of that in the masterwork raws.