Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A discussion on weapons, and how they currently function.  (Read 4692 times)

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A discussion on weapons, and how they currently function.
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05:44 am »

The infamous saturday night special guns were Jennings, Raven, Phoenix Arms .22lr or .25 acp pistols and have long ago went out of business and their products are hard to come by. The pistols were not even all that bad, but the Gun Control Act of 1968 made them illegal, basically.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 02:45:53 pm »

The "gun" I'd most like to see added to the game is some kind of taser (or a de-branded equivalent).  It could probably piggyback off the pistols skill, and basically be a one-shot gun which aims to incapacitate an enemy without killing them (but which would result in serious, sometimes fatal injuries occasionally).

Why I think it could be interesting:
1. Tasers could be used to varying degrees from C to L police laws (at C+ they'd just shoot the suspects, at L+ tasers are obviously banned).  A greater chance of taking even armed liberals alive could increase the risk of racketeering charges or brainwashed people testifying against you.
2. Gives you a tool that can disable armed conservatives without racking up murder charges (maybe), and help kidnap people (although some balancing factor like the kidnapping is discovered quicker/ you have to wait for them to recover before interrogating them might be needed).

e: I know they're sortof in the game already, but not as an actual weapon.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 03:01:05 pm »

I'd like to have water guns in the game. I know they wouldn't be useful as a weapon, but they'd be terrific for annoying the conservative establishment!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, perhaps a water gun might be useful for martyring Liberals in the name of Gun Control. Squirt a cop, get gunned down by an over-enthusiastic police force, and proclaim how it never would have happened were we not living in a society where concealed weapons were a legitimate threat.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:49:39 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!
Pages: 1 2 [3]