Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Star Command (Android + IOS)  (Read 5529 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Command (Android + IOS)
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 05:09:51 am »

Oh I'm so very sorry that I did not understand what I needed to do when the game just dumped me onto a different shot with several circles which i did press but nothing happened and then I failed the mini game after a few seconds

When I say feedback I mean the screen goes red or the game tells you fucked up. It's sort of hard to do something when you have no fucking idea how to do it.

Edit: you say tap in the right moment, how am I meant to know when the right moment is when the game gives me no feedback on what I'm doing right or wrong

Also instead of acting like a dick you could have been helpful and just posted the links and said what ever without it dripping in snide remarks

Edit2: also if you check the reviews on the app you will find I'm not the only person who had problems with the mini games "lol"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:27:08 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 06:00:19 am »

Oh I'm so very sorry that I did not understand what I needed to do when the game just dumped me onto a different shot with several circles which i did press but nothing happened and then I failed the mini game after a few seconds

When I say feedback I mean the screen goes red or the game tells you fucked up. It's sort of hard to do something when you have no fucking idea how to do it.

Edit: you say tap in the right moment, how am I meant to know when the right moment is when the game gives me no feedback on what I'm doing right or wrong

Also instead of acting like a dick you could have been helpful and just posted the links and said what ever without it dripping in snide remarks

Edit2: also if you check the reviews on the app you will find I'm not the only person who had problems with the mini games "lol"
The reason why you got that respond from me is because i see a lot of things like that talked about DF, people not understanding how the game works so the game must suck and anger, and we are talking here about DF, not some simple mini game. Whne you understand how to play the game, than give feedback, not omg mini games suck because i don't understand what I am doing, and especially saying something like impossible to master on something simple like that.

I am still not sure are you joking or not, but mini game is very easy to understand, but whatever. Also it gives you feedback when you are doing things right, not when you are doing things wrong.

Yee, there are a lot of funny people out there, not surprised at all.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:36 am »

Hmm you make valid points... Fine I will admit that I did say that the game sucked to early on and judged it to early.

Yeah the mini game maybe be very easy once you get the hang of it but when your frustrated and just mashing the phone trying to get something to happen and then nothing happens the wait makes it even more frustrating when you fuck up the mini game.

Eh I just suck at mini games and then get pissed of with it, it does not help that there are no tool tips but really you can't say it's super easy to understand the mini game when it dumps you straight into this

Without telling you what to do.

Also why do you keep mentioning if I'm joking or not I'm blatantly not

And what ever I don't care anymore the mini games got updated with tool tips telling you at least what needs to be done in the mini games. I also hate arguing with people so I'm out
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:18:51 am by ScriptWolf »

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 06:21:06 am »

Hmm you make valid points... Fine I will admit that I did say that the game sucked to early on and judged it to early.

Yeah the mini game maybe be very easy once you get the hang of it but when your frustrated and just mashing the phone trying to get something to happen and then nothing happens the wait makes it even more frustrating when you fuck up the mini game.

Eh I just suck at mini games and then get pissed of with it, it does not help that there are no tool tips but really you can't say it's super easy to understand the mini game when it dumps you straight into this

Without telling you what to do.

Also why do you keep mentioning if I'm joking or not I'm blatantly not
Yee, there should be feedback that you missed in the mini game, because no matter how easy and straightforward the mini game looks, there will always be people that dont understand it.

Anyway about the game, i am only interested in the PC version of it, and what they promised to be in it. They said there will be no mini game, more sandbox style (more side missions)so it's less linear like its now.

The IOS version of the game is crap to me, I mean, things like your ship can not be destroyed no matter how many times it is hit, is just stupid to me, it gives you no reason to repair or anything, and I hope they will fix it.

EDIT:

And what ever I don't care anymore the mini games got updated with tool tips telling you at least what needs to be done in the mini games. I also hate arguing with people so I'm out
Hey, if I offended you, I am sorry man, reading my post again, i was a little ass, sorry for that
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:28:33 am by ragnar119 »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 06:33:20 am »

Yeah I was hoping for more sandboxy stuff on my iPhone sort of like FTL but I think I will wait for the PC version as well hopefully it's better.

Yeah like complicated stuff where I have time to work with it and the like I get but a 5 second mini game with out any tool tips telling me to press here at what point will go over my head :P I always sucked with mini games with time limits.

Naa it's fine man, I did get a little offended cause everyone has problems with different things and I would have not minded you telling me I'm being stupid cause I was being Stupid :P, being a little too harsh, but thanks for the links as well. I just really hate fighting with people on the forum.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:40:42 am by ScriptWolf »

Daggoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 02:09:07 am »

... Still not out for Android? WTF!?
“I think I've reduced the amount of blood in my caffeine system to an acceptable level.” - Khouri

The Elder Scrolls Online: Klavain - Altmer
Eve Online: Neville Klavain -  Gallente - Miners!

I don't RP female characters unless forced per game, so if you run into a Daggoth or Klavain it is probably me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13:14 am »

I was so excited. 2nd of May was my Birthday... But I have Android... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 09:23:13 pm »

slow programming speed
Pages: 1 2 [3]