Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves moving dump  (Read 360 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Dwarves moving dump
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:00:18 am »

I have a weird issue.
I put a dump square for stone near my mason shop. Not far, but out in the hallway I sometimes quick build a wall for early sieges. Everytime they dismantled one piece of wall, for some ungodly reason, they walk into the workshop pick up every stone in the dump and drag it out into the hallway and leave them all there where they dismantle that one wall.
It's repeatable, it's happened several times.
I've moved the stones back into the dump, and they move them all out there, EVEN claiming stones which had been forbidden.
and even though I haven't said to dump the stone from the wall.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves moving dump
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:53 am »

Its a bug with the deconstruction of things, everything in a 16x16x1 area is teleported to the location of the dwarf dismantling the construction.

Can't do much about it, I think there is a DFHack command to fix it, but its really a minor bug compared to having a mason drop rocks/blocks down a level or flight of stairs, killing and maiming everything in the way, which is more annoying.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:14 am »

wow..there aren't even words..

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 02:48:54 am »

just be happy the stones arn't actually dragged there but teleport, though it's probably a bit annoying to bring them back to their proper places every time. And as mentioned, the alternative was much worse in many cases
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:52:14 pm »

Check out this download.  It is a replacement version of Dwarf Fortress.exe that includes binary patches for the teleporting items, the long patrol duty not resetting when off duty, and a few other bugs.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »

Check out this download.  It is a replacement version of Dwarf Fortress.exe that includes binary patches for the teleporting items, the long patrol duty not resetting when off duty, and a few other bugs.

does this work fine with any graphical mod as well? I use the pheobus set.