Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troubling finding the right map/seed/worldgen help  (Read 516 times)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troubling finding the right map/seed/worldgen help
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:30 pm »

Not sure which board to post this in. I'm trying to find a seed, or some worldgen parameters that could create a volcano on the same map with fairly deep ocean, within a reasonable size. I've been able to create any two out of the three, but not all of them.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Troubling finding the right map/seed/worldgen help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:22:59 pm »

If I understand you correctly, you want a volcano next to an ocean. Currently, volcanoes in oceans tend to create islands around them, which pushes the shoreline further away.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:01 pm »

If I understand you correctly, you want a volcano next to an ocean. Currently, volcanoes in oceans tend to create islands around them, which pushes the shoreline further away.
Yeah pretty much
I can find a Volcano, but it'll be far away from the shore, and the ocean will be shallow-maybe only 1 z level.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?

Hamiltonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 01:13:45 am »

I got exactly what you are looking for.  Island with a volcano in the center.  The ocean has levels 0-4 (flat to medium cliff).

The entire island fits into one 16x16 zone.  You'll have to run with greater than 5x5 to include the ocean.  There is an underwater medium cliff (level 4) that is 7 right and 5 up from the volcano.

The island is at the extreme lower left corner of the world (four squares right from corner)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:

Edit2:
I thought I'd put up a couple of images of the embark for anyone else who might be interested.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:59:13 am by Hamiltonz »

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:17:53 am »

I got exactly what you are looking for.  Island with a volcano in the center.  The ocean has levels 0-4 (flat to medium cliff).

The entire island fits into one 16x16 zone.  You'll have to run with greater than 5x5 to include the ocean.  There is an underwater medium cliff (level 4) that is 7 right and 5 up from the volcano.

The island is at the extreme lower left corner of the world (four squares right from corner)

Edit:
Thanks man, I'll check it out