Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: /Released/ First-Person Survival/Sandbox PC Games?  (Read 7156 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
/Released/ First-Person Survival/Sandbox PC Games?
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:48:05 pm »

So, I've been seeing all of these upcoming indie survival/sandbox games that look really cool (been following Starbound since the day Terraria was announced dead, and Starbound was announced), but they're all indev. Sure their tech-demos look nice, but they aren't released yet. So, to kill a full essay and replace it with a sentence, what's your favorite released survival-sandbox game? Aside from Minecrap ofcourse, played way too much of that back in december of like 2011.

Edit: Derp, used Starbound as an example, yet this thread was to be about first person games :/. I'll leave it there because it gets the upcoming games thing across, but yeh, I know it isn't first person lol.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:10:40 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: /Released/ First-Person Survival/Sandbox PC Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:07:50 am »

Not many come to mind, tried Stranded 2? Its preatty cool.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 01:48:21 am »

check out Unreal world
http://www.unrealworld.fi/

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:57:21 am »

Production for Stranded 3 is full steam ahead, the game is currently being built on OGRE3d and running LUA scripting.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 03:10:45 am »

Production for Stranded 3 is full steam ahead, the game is currently being built on OGRE3d and running LUA scripting.

So look forward to an alpha in ten years or so...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:05:33 am »

Holy shit, how come I didn't know that? I've been periodically checking on Stranded, if a sequel is coming then great! Sadly, as it stands, Stranded 2 is pretty much modded Minecraft stripped of voxel-based terrain modification. Also, hope they FINALLY add Multiplayer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 05:16:49 am »

Well there is always Wurm online :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 05:51:14 am »

Holy shit, how come I didn't know that? I've been periodically checking on Stranded, if a sequel is coming then great! Sadly, as it stands, Stranded 2 is pretty much modded Minecraft stripped of voxel-based terrain modification. Also, hope they FINALLY add Multiplayer.
Wasn't Stranded 2 released before Minecraft? And there is a (glitchy, I think) mod for multiplayer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:02:07 am »

There was a gamemode for Gary's Mod that was basically Stranded 2 with multiplayer but stripped down a bit and with different things. I think it's probably dead by now but it was fairly interesting for what it attempted to do.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:08:57 am »

I'll post a link when I get the chance for the devlog but so far looks nice and multiplayer is built in. With the production inline we can see a release around fall (hopefully)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:15 am »

There was a gamemode for Gary's Mod that was basically Stranded 2 with multiplayer but stripped down a bit and with different things. I think it's probably dead by now but it was fairly interesting for what it attempted to do.

Know that's a lie. There's a working community of a gamemode based on Stranded 2, the gamemode is a remake of an old gamemode which you must be talking about. I can't give you the exact name, but it sure is there.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 09:47:34 am »

WolfRaider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 09:05:16 am »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:23 am »

It's worth mentioning that Miasmata is on sale on GOG this weekend.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.