Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Labors that can be done without the use of hands  (Read 776 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Labors that can be done without the use of hands
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:43 pm »

Are there any labors that can be done without the use of hands?  One of my dwarves can't grasp things.

I made him a wrestler for lack of better ideas.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Labors that can be done without the use of hands
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »

Noble positions? Can they do bookkeeping without hands?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

bookeeping? no.
Hammerdwarf? PERFECT!
because cannot grasp is actually the most desireable trait possible in a hammerdwarf. At least until the combat update...
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:20:28 am »

bookeeping? no.
Hammerdwarf? PERFECT!
because cannot grasp is actually the most desireable trait possible in a hammerdwarf. At least until the combat update...

You mean, Hammerer, right?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:44:49 am »

I'm fairly certain engraving can be done without the use of hands.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:06:30 am »

trader, mayor, goblin bait?

combat demonstrations if he's an elite fighter
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:08 am »

er, yes, hammmerer.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Id Utalrisen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »

I got really excited about this for a second, because I was imagining dwarves with poor grips turning normal warhammers into Thor-like projectiles when their grip slips in combat.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:01 am »

bookeeping? no.
Hammerdwarf? PERFECT!

Will this cause them to actually beat the dwarves without a hammer, or will they just stand around and complain about no hammers being available (Or something along those lines)?
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".