Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Berdenush - Fallout Inspired Community Fort  (Read 613 times)

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Berdenush - Fallout Inspired Community Fort
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »

Zuglar Kas had been in a constant state of war almost its entire history. The enemy? None other than those bloody elves! Only after nearly 500 years had Zuglar Kas started dealing the finishing blows of wiping out the dirty tree-lovers. Stakud Olonrur, a well-respected administrator had been summoned to the throne room for an audience with the Queen herself.

As he walked in, his mind was in a rather confused state. The Queen doesn't have visitors. Infact, the throne room was locked for the better part of a century. Stakud now stood outside of those doors. It was now or never.

"Ah, Stakud! So glad you could join us. I have some rather unfortunate news."

Cilob Plankfeathers, the queen, stops for a second, perhaps thinking how to put to words what she's thinking.

"You see, our scouts have discovered the Elves creating some kind of new weapon, and it even being tested. This thing, it... how should I put this... it turns dwarves into elves! I hate to say it, but this might wipe us dwarves out as a species!"

Cilob waits a second, but with no remarks made by Stakud, she continues

"I have gathered you and six other pure dwarves to preserve the integrity of all dwarfkind. You are to build a outpost, completely cut off from civilization and sealed away. wait there 300 years, and only then are you allowed to open your gate"

"But what if a trade caravan or some migrants arrive?" Stakud asks.

"Why, they could be elves trying to sneak in! No, keep it shut until the three hundred years are over. You are to be safely inside within a year. Take your dwarves, I am giving you credit for some supplies; show this to any merchant to purchase the supplies you will need. I'm sorry we can't spare more, but the final push is coming up, and I'm afraid this is all we can spare."

Stakud grimaces, before saying,

"I will not fail, my Queen. May the rest of dwarfkind have luck in surviving this weapon."

Turning around, he leaves, and starts heading out to buy supplies.

Looking at the stack of papers he was handed, and the list of supplies he made up;

The embark location:

"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is Hellmire. A small point of liveable land surrounded on three sides by a glacier, and the other side the ocean. It is a flat, wooded area that should provide enough material for an expedition party. Records show that while cold, it is not considered to be a arctic location. Mineral surveys come back alright, and there is a layer of flux stones. However, Hellmire is still within distance of the Elves and Goblins."

Flipping the page, there is the list of dwarves going on the expedition:

Kumil Eshtanstin, Miner
Dobar Muthkartuzol, Miner
Bim Volanol, Mason
Atis Lelumasob, Farmer
Ezum Tosides, Cook
Bembul Muthkatzes, Brewer
Stakud Olonrur, Expedition Leader

Finally, the last page is Stakud's supply list:

2x Copper pickaxes
1x Ashen training axe
1x Iron anvil
50x Dwarven ale
25x Dwarven beer
30x Dwarven wine
5x Plump helmet spawn
5x Pig tail seeds
5x Cave wheat seeds
5x Sweet pod seeds
5x Rock nuts
5x Dimple cup spawn
15x Dog tripe
15x Cave lobster
15x Plump helmets
5x Pig tail fiber thread
5x Pig tail fiber bags
1x Pig tail fiber rope
1x Birchen bucket
2x Birchen splints
2x Birchen crutches
1x Bronze short sword
1x Bronze breastplate
1x Bronze cap

Breeding pair of cats
Breeding pair of ducks
Breeding pair of dogs
Breeding pair of turkeys

((OOC: So, I've decided to make a more community-oriented well... community fort, this time heavily inspired by Fallout 3's Vault 101. Here you guys make the bulk of the decisions, perhaps even roleplaying opposing factions in the fort? All dwarfs are open for naming except Stakud for story purposes.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:08:48 pm by Mjattie »
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.