Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Looking for specific kind of games  (Read 11060 times)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for specific kind of games
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 07:29:25 pm »

Have you tried the original X-COM for a secret agency game?  Building elaborate bases under farmhouses cold war missile silo-style and receiving money from a council of shadowed suits always made me feel like a ruthless leader whose paramilitary organization would do whatever it took to ensure the survival of humanity.  It holds up pretty well for its age and there's a tremendous amount of depth to it.  However, like Evil Genius, it's hella unbalanced and glitchy.  Just remember to use XcomUtil before playing, as it fixes a lot of the bugs.

The remake has much better gameplay, and is in my opinion (and this is just a personal opinion) a better game, but it has a bit less of a secret agency vibe to it.  It's also 40 bucks as opposed to five.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: (again) Looking for a specific kind of game
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 01:05:35 am »

I love Evil Genius and all, but I never beat it mostly because I ALWAYS hit game breaking bugs.
God, this. It got to a point where I couldn't play for five minutes without crashing. I gave up.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

bvrucey42085

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

just an FYI, unreal world went free a couple of weeks ago. try Salem, it seems to be very similar to haven and hearth (im guessing that because haven and hearth is in alpha and i played salem in beta that h & h is a knockoff of salem, but it could be the other way around, or totally coincidental). its an mmo, set in colonial times where you venture into the wilderness and survive. graphics look 10 years old but the gameplay wasnt bad, very steep learning curve, but a decent community made wiki.

bvrucey42085

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 08:41:54 pm »

also, dont know if its what youre looking for, secret agency management games wise, but you should try "gangsters" get-able on gog.com for really cheap. good old school management game/gangster sim.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53:29 am »

Wilderness survival--Don't Starve?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 [3]