Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Sims 4 - Announced for 2014  (Read 3763 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: The Sims 4 - Announced for 2014
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

Which is kind of ridiculous, I think. It doesn't matter how good of a mood I'm in when I go to work: If I can't do my job, I'm going to get fired.

[WishfulRambling=On]

I think it'd be fun if they implemented real skills, rather than generic ones. Stuff like Thievery, Electronics, Plumbing, Science, or Programming that you can get a real job for, or you could work at home and start your own business. Basically, split the Mechanics and Logic skill up into a variety of specialized skills and increase the number of jobs available. Having all those skills would be difficult to implement fully, but it'd really flesh out the game.

The game needs more expenses, too. It's hard to feel like the lack of money means anything when you can buy an entire house for 20K and not have to worry about your bills being more than a hundred or so. They should really jack up the amount of money it takes to straight out buy a house, implement things like loans and mortgages, and make it so renting an apartment is the best way to start out if you don't want to get swamped by monthly payments. Homelessness should be properly implemented - It'd be a great challenge to lose everything and work your way back up.

Bills should be dependent on how much you use, rather than how much your stuff is worth. If you're taking five showers a day, watering a garden 24/7, and have fifty electronics going at once the amount of money you're charged should reflect that. If you use solar panels and get your water from a well, you'd be paying a lot less on your bills. It'd make the green thumb trait a challenge all by itself. Food should be made more expensive so growing/catching your own should be worth it, and food qualities should have negative ranges as well, so growing your own is difficult to start out with.

I just wish they'd make the game deeper. I don't care if there's a casual mode and a "real life" mode or whatever. Having some real obstacles in the game would bring it to a higher level than a Tell-People-to-Poop Simulator.

[WishfulRambling=Off]
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

For what it's worth, I expect Sims 4 to be really well done. You know why? Because of the publicity hell that SC2013 has been. Sims is a big media franchise for EA, and it also comes from Maxis. Maxis may well lose their jobs if Sims isn't awesome, and EA literally cannot afford the publicity loss given that their finances have been crunched down a lot.

This is reinforced by the OMG GUYS THIS IS SO OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER WHAT SIMCITY THIS IS SIMS PAY ATTENTION YOU CAN PLAY IT OFFLINE WE LOVE YOU PLAYER

I enjoyed Sims 1 and 2, skipped 3 as I couldn't justify the costs. I'm tentatively excited for 4 as I might try the franchise again... and the above fills me with hope.

Alternatively, this could also result in a dumbed down and generalized game to create even more mass appeal. But I'm an optimist damnit!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 02:38:02 pm »

is it just me or am i the only one who the only enjoyment i get out of the sims games is walling your sims in and watching them starve to death then pissing off death because he cant get out of my house?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 03:40:36 pm »

is it just me or am i the only one who the only enjoyment i get out of the sims games is walling your sims in and watching them starve to death then pissing off death because he cant get out of my house?
...Get help.  :o

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 03:44:34 pm »

*Raises hand*

I... tasted my first sim blood when I made a small 3x3 house with a fridge and a chair, waiting for my sim to die of flies(it was Sims 2)

Then I had to use Boolprop cheats to find all the deaths(I am evil... though I have standards)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:51:05 pm by Iceblaster »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

I tried to get a house of different ghosts... but otherwise I tend not to kill off my Sims... only The Sims 3 made it something I wanted to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]