Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: War Jabberers ain't notin to **** with  (Read 8691 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
Re: War Jabberers ain't notin to **** with
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:54 am »

i've trying to find a jabberer for a long time now. so far all i've found are rutherers and crundles

There’s a relatively easy fix for that.  When my Stupid Dwarf Project was to be self-sufficient with 200 dwarves all dressed in masterwork, blue-dyed CGS silk with masterwork appliqués, I couldn’t catch a spider after years of trying, laying baited traps around the webbing sites, etc.  One of the legends here pointed out to me the rather random nature of cavern creature generation: if you have lots of crundles (as I did), just bring a squad down and take out every one you can find.  It shouldn’t be long before the game begins generating something else – which should include your Jabberer.  That's how I finally got my Shelob.

Now I mostly play (am learning) the Masterwork mod.  Think jabberers and flying elite Gob bowmen are bad?  Wait till you're invaded with a dozen war raptors and a few iron-clad sauropods!
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Jabberers ain't notin to **** with
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 09:37:13 am »

> Plus they can trade places with a dwarf when moving down from a wall to a tile where a dwarf is standing, stranding the dwarf on top of the wall (where he then dies of thirst).
After playing around with a mod that had pegasai, I've learnt that the simplest counter-measure to Derpy flier pathing is to have ramps or stairs leading up to every aboveground wall or building.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 2 [3]