Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anomaly 2 - tower-offense RTS (reverse tower defense)  (Read 1203 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Anomaly 2 - tower-offense RTS (reverse tower defense)
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:15:47 am »

Haven't found a thread about it, but mostly because I couldn't effectively search for a thing that had "2" in it.
Either way...

In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.

Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. Maintaining the core concepts of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:

- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With over million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine:
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.

Official website

Sequel to arguably the best Polish game out there (excluding el Witcher and), and I'm super hyped about that one. (but not as hyped as for Starbound or Planetary Annihilation, though).

If someone has a spare beta key by any chance, I would be happy to take it. (I missed TWO giveaways in a short period of time...)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly 2 - tower-offense RTS (reverse tower defense)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:20:29 am »

Oh cool, I didn't realize they were making another.  I liked the first one, they did a surprisingly good job in reversing the tower defense mechanics.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:10 pm »

Does it have multiplayer?
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »

Apparently yes.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »

Apparently yes.

The cool part being that one player can be on the offense while the other one sets the towers.
And while I don't know about how many people the multiplayer will support, given the fact that there are "team" labels in the menu I'm assuming at least 4.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:47:35 pm »

oh whoops I completely missed that in the OP...
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »

Gusta!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:09 am »

This was in some bundle a while back. I thought about it, since I enjoyed Anomaly quite a bit... I ended up not getting it since we might be a bit strapped for cash 'afore long!

I think there was a bit of controversy. They were allowing preorders without advertising what game it was a while back, weren't they?

Either way, I'm really looking forward to what it plays like.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 03:31:53 am »

I wish I had someone to play this damn thing with...
If anyone also has the beta, feel free to hook me up on Steam at some point.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 02:52:47 pm »

Now you can officially pre-order the game @ Steam Store.
Gonna do that myself tomorrow (since IIRC the beta I had access to doesn't guarantee me the full game, does it?)