Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alcohol Spills  (Read 483 times)

Slayermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Alcohol Spills
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:47 pm »

So I embarked on a glacier and was setting stuff up, this was a reclaim and I noticed outside, for some weird reason, there was pools of beer.

Wot. It's all tuber beer too (Playing human), there's just pools of the stuff, it's bizarre. Any reasons for this nonsense?

Miriage

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane Dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol Spills
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »

As far as I know when you reclaim everything is scattered including the items in containers, the beer has just been randomly scattered during the reclaim process. This is why I believe most people say don't bother with food on your first embark if you are going to abandon and reclaim.
Don't listen to a word I say, I am completely insane.
Does that mean you shouldn't listen to my pervious sentence and infact listen to everything I say?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:30:53 pm »

Plus you mentioned glacier. If it's cold enough, containers can take cold damage (Similar to burning, but not quite)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:09:01 am »

Once embarked on an evil region, and it began to rain TUBER BEER! and I was wondering that this isn't dangerous weather at all!
even though it spilled on the ground, no dwarf tried to drink it though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:23:39 am »

Plus you mentioned glacier. If it's cold enough, containers can take cold damage (Similar to burning, but not quite)

I strongly suspect this is the case.  Wooden barrels will wear away in very cold environments, as will anything made of wood save I believe constructions.

Once embarked on an evil region, and it began to rain TUBER BEER! and I was wondering that this isn't dangerous weather at all!
even though it spilled on the ground, no dwarf tried to drink it though.

Was this in a mod?  I believe in vanilla you only get syndrome or blood rains.  It sucks that there's currently no way to capture the rain either way, though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:27:09 am »

Vanilla DF HONEST! I don't even play evil regions, that happened when I just embarked just to see how it was.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:31:13 am »

really?  thats cool.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku