Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The most appropriate and useful artifact!  (Read 812 times)

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
The most appropriate and useful artifact!
« on: June 08, 2013, 04:39:11 am »

Woohoo!  My dwarves of Stringhames have produced the most appropriate and useful artifact I have yet to see in DF.  A chair worthy of the name "throne."   :D

Anuzshorast, "The Fair Wire" a tetrahedrite throne

This is a tetrahedrite throne.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with sterling silver, decorated with leather and encircled with bands of wool and sterling silver.  This object menaces with spikes of tetrahedrite and leather.

On the item is an image of dwarves in tetrahedrite.  The dwarves are laboring.  The artwork relates to the founding of Stringhames by The Sagging Avalanches of The Violent Guild in the early spring of 251.

On the item is an image of Olin Immortalplague and dwarves in gneiss.  Olin Immortalplague is surrounded by the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of Olin Immortalplague to the position of king of The Violent Guild in 1.

On the item is an image of The Fair Wire the tetrahedrite throne in lapis lazuli.

On the item is an image of The Fair Wire the tetrahedrite throne in gold.

I immediately put that bad boy in my baron's office.  *purrrr*   

Seriously, you couldn't design this much better, aside from the almost-inevitable self-referencing.  The founding of both the home civ and the fort!  As opposed to, say, one of the many mini-battles, or a strawberry.

The best part is that the dwarf who made that was possessed while making it.  So it was as if one of the original seven dwarves had come back to memorialize their work.

Or failure.  Stringhames is a reclaimed fort.  First go died of thirst, hee hee.
Menaces with swipes of claw.
Meows with rumbles of purr.

A cute fluffy little creature fond of idle games, DF, and writing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The most appropriate and useful artifact!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

Bone picks will forever hold the glory of appropriateness and usefulness, in my eyes.
Still working out how they got in my eyes.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 10:19:24 pm »

Your king should also have a microcline footrest to go with his chair depicting Dwarves laboring and Goblins crying and Dwarves laughing at crying goblins and slain elephants.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:34:19 am »

Your king should also have a microcline footrest to go with his chair depicting Dwarves laboring and Goblins crying and Dwarves laughing at crying goblins and slain elephants.
Any artifact with things crying in foetal positions deserve a place at the Noble's throne.