Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wierd problem in games  (Read 1870 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd problem in games
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »

S'possible you might be able to borrow one from something public for a minute or two, too, if it came to that. Library, local school, whatever. Never hurts to ask, really.

Though a cheap USB keyboard might cost less than the gas to go bug people, checking prices. Either way.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »

I don't know how to fix the OP's problem, but why don't we make this more of a Tech Support thread or something...
I myself am getting tired of hearing the constant dinging sometimes when I hold down keys for too long in some games. It doesn't happen with all of them but only a few...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:30 am »

I don't know how to fix the OP's problem, but why don't we make this more of a Tech Support thread or something...
I myself am getting tired of hearing the constant dinging sometimes when I hold down keys for too long in some games. It doesn't happen with all of them but only a few...
Control panel, then go in keyboard, in these settings you have repeat delay, increase the delay (make it longuer), it should aleviate the problem in some case, cannot garantee it will completly stop it but might help. As for why it does it i dont know.

As for the OP i think this might help.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming-Reply-Only/Can-t-move-mouse-while-holding-arrow-key/m-p/678871/message-uid/678871/highlight/true#U678871
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 03:13:02 am »

Do you have the option so that touchpad is deactivated if a mouse is plugged in (not simply touchpad deactivated) ?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

Do you have the option so that touchpad is deactivated if a mouse is plugged in (not simply touchpad deactivated) ?

Yeah, that's how it is set.

Figured it out, finally. Turns out it was a program called TouchFreeze that was installed for some reason. Makes sense that it would be causing the problem, since it's programatically intercepting the commands. Uninstalled it, since I have no use for it with the settings available anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]