Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multiple chairs per table in dining room?  (Read 10055 times)

Miriage

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane Dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple chairs per table in dining room?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 02:51:42 am »

Damn it now I feel like an idiot, seriously why do people do that.
Don't listen to a word I say, I am completely insane.
Does that mean you shouldn't listen to my pervious sentence and infact listen to everything I say?

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:47 am »

Even though I see this "necromancer" comment, I still found this old thread interesting and I think there is a very common-sense approach to it.

Even if you feel the itch to stiff your dwarves some chairs, rock is plentiful enough.  Just dig out a huge room and queue up a bunch of rock thrones and rock tables. 

Also, I did find the comment about cTW vs. TcW interesting.  In my current dining room, I was actually doing Tc_W, with _ being an empty tile, so that the dwarves could walk around to the chair to eat if necessary.  As someone else mentioned, I have way more chairs and tables than necessary for now (brand new fort, so 10 chairs and tables for 20 dwarves), but why not?  They are gonna need them down the road. 

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:26 am »

Damn it now I feel like an idiot, seriously why do people do that.

It appears that Kevins1 is a spambot, so that would explain it.

Re-reading his post, he's not talking about DF at all, but about the size of one's IRL dining room table. Also he has a link to table sales in his sig :P

I wonder if I can trade him some wool socks for a table...
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 09:50:12 am »

heh damn.  Anyway, my thought on the issue was that its kind of dumb that dwarves go for tables instead of chairs, since tables are the more critical element of dining rooms.  It also means that when I give a monarch a big open throne room, I have to put a table in front of it to avoid a bad thought, and that feels pretty silly.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku
Pages: 1 [2]