Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Webcomic Thread!  (Read 1284 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomic Thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 03:08:20 am »

Things I stay up to date on, with samples:

SMBC, or Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal [1][2][3] - A fairly random comic covering a wide range of stuff. Usually fairly clever, has some low points. Completely non-sequential.

Penny Arcade [1][2][3] - Gaming comic. Ostensibly mainly about video games, but branches out a lot into vaguely related fields. Very vulgar at times. Usually non-sequential, occasionally do a handful of connected comics.

Awkward Zombie [1][2][3][4] - Very clever gaming comic. Artist does some of the funniest expressions I've ever seen. Almost always non-sequential, with a handful of exceptions. Had to cut myself off finding samples because all of them are hilarious.

Order of the Stick [1][2] - Stick figure D&D comic. Harder to find samples because spoilers, but definitely gets better (and more interestingly plot-oriented) over time. Good characterization as well.

Will Save World For Gold [1][2][3][4] - Magnificent low-res D&D comic. Starts off decent, becomes brilliant over time. Very nice characterization. Hard to find samples because spoilers, unfortunately.

Hunter Black [1][2][3] - Hardboiled dark fantasy noir. Definitely interesting, and fairly unique as far as I've seen concepts go.

Prequel [1][2][3] - Suggestion adventure following the trials of a skilless alcoholic Khajiiti whore trying to start life anew in the province of Cyrodiil. Her success is... mixed. Author is both brilliant and sadistic.

And that's basically it. I think I'm keeping more or less up to date with Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (focusing largely on supermanly video game men trying to readjust to normal life... or not) and Another Gaming Comic (tabletop gaming comic following the DF principle of OH GOD MY EYES but being very deep and interesting). Neither's updating very quickly, though, so I'm not sure how I'd know if I was slipping on checking them regularly.

I also keep up to date on VG Cats, which is to say I remember it "exists" every few months and half the time there's a new comic.

Incidentally, Hunter Black and Will Save World For Gold were both pillaged from the old comics thread, so thanks for that. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2]