Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you value most when creating a fort?

Happiness
Efficency
Violence
Science
Art
Challenge
Wealth
Constructions
Military
Traps
storytelling

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Goal of the Fortress  (Read 2605 times)

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goal of the Fortress
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 02:28:11 am »

I like art, as in making a fort that is based on something. Such as a castle or a tower.

laxori666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 11:54:55 am »

It's actually tough to say, for me. I'm still learning some aspects of the game, so I picked "Science", as I spend time figuring things out. In terms of the others:

Happiness - I definitely want my dwarves to be happy so that things actually get done. At first I only wanted the best for them and for them to not die, but I realized I get bored if there's too much peace, so I stopped caring so much about the dwarves themselves. I never thought to child-smash, for example, and that sounds like a great idea. I have 80 kids or something, now, and they're just not useful. I'd rather have 80 more migrants.

Efficiency - When I start the fort I try to make things efficient, but it always ends up devolving into a horribly unstructured mess. I put part of that to the fact that I'm still figuring the game out.

Violence / Military / Traps - The notion of more violence is tantalizing and I'm looking forward to it! Not a priority yet, right now.

Art / Constructions / Storytelling - not yet, but I love reading DF stories

Wealth - I like having wealth but it's not a priority

Challenge - I definitely get bored if I'm not challenged enough

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 02:10:47 pm »

I generally try to make good constructions, like a fortress that branches off a volcano (WIP), and if I'm telling a story, then something worthy of telling such (Bloodfist/axe).

Overall, I just try to build a good fort/vault.
Pages: 1 2 [3]