Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A couple of questions ...  (Read 410 times)

Thrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A couple of questions ...
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:33:00 am »

Hi,

1. How can I force the mechanic and mason to use a specific rock (non valuable, e.g. orthoclase) type?
2. What means small or large gems? I don't find any large gems, how do I get some?
3. I dont remember what kind of goods the dwarfen carvan expects from me next year, is there a screen to see it?

Thx for help
Thrall

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions ...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:00 am »

Hi!

1. Currently, there is no way, it seems. Placing the workshop next to lots of that stone might increase the probability, but it is not guaranteed. Thus, making a custom stockpile with its settings changed to exactly the stone type you wish right next to the workshop is your best guess, I suppose. In 2d, there had been a light/dark stone option for masons, but that is gone now.

2. You only find rough gems. You then have your gem cutter cut them into normal gems which can then be used for decorating stuff. However, occasionally, your gem cutter will be inspired and turn a rough gem into a large gem, which is a finished good and can not be used for decorating things.

3. Look into the [c]ivilization screen, look at the info for the civilization in question and if you browse through all the info, you should be able to reach a screen with the import/export agreements. That is a quite recent feature, it seems - I don't remember it from older versions.

Have fun!

Deathworks

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 04:10:00 am »

You can get them to use a specific stone type by forbidding all the other stones (not recommended).

Or you could build a lockable room with a workshop and stockpile of the desired stone then lock your crafter in there while they do their job.

Alternatively use the stone selection screen from the z menu in conjunction with the non-economic stone selection mod.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

i usually have a customized stone stockpile next to my masons and mechanics to have them produces tables, chairs, doors and the like in colors stored in the stockpile...
keep that stockpile small though
een failing lately?