Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disrespect the dead to preserve the living?  (Read 458 times)

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disrespect the dead to preserve the living?
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »

Can you use dwarf bones to make bone bolts, or dwarf skulls to make totems? Because i know you can chasm dwarf bones and even full dwarf corpses.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Re: Disrespect the dead to preserve the living?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:53:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can, if they get moved into an interior stockpile so they don't get deleted on a season update.

You'll note that dwarf bone artifacts use fresh bones, for instance. ;-)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Disrespect the dead to preserve the living?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 04:00:00 am »

As far as I've seen, you can't make anything out of dwarf parts, no matter what.

This applies even if you set the corpse to create an item. I did some goofing off a while back (setting the dwarves to drop adamantine on death) and all I wound up with after I burnt out the caravan is a bunch of adamantine that could be put into stockpiles but couldn't be extracted.

The only exception to this is the Fell and Macabre moods that unhappy dwarves can go into.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link