Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crashed and didn't revert to a seasonal autosave?!  (Read 948 times)

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game crashed and didn't revert to a seasonal autosave?!
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:20:28 am »

Hey
My game just crashed, and it didn't really tell me why. I quickly reopened DF and went back to my fortress....It had set me back to almost the start of the fortress (13 dwarves). In the time I was playing I had gotten over 100 dwarves, and more then a few years. I thought DF had a seasonal auto-save in-case of this happening? I am now back to the start and am pretty angry about this.
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashed and didn't revert to a seasonal autosave?!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:21:16 am »

Only if you enable it. Sounds like you havent.
This is a blank sig.

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:38:37 am »

Well, I thought I did...
Where are you suppose to enable it?
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:57:14 am »

in the init files. Think it is d_init. If not, then the standard init file.
This is a blank sig.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:49 am »

If it is enabled you have to load the file that says. Fort 15 summer or something similar to that. It doesn't overwrite the original file. At least not for me.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:41 am »

You can usually tell if it's active, because your game hangs for a couple minutes/seconds (depending on your CPU power) before announcing a season change.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 07:14:03 pm »

If it is enabled you have to load the file that says. Fort 15 summer or something similar to that. It doesn't overwrite the original file. At least not for me.

It should. Are you playing from a zipped game?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:44:13 pm »

This happens if you have autobackup turned on as well. If you just have autosave on then it will just overwrite the previous save.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

This happens if you have autobackup turned on as well. If you just have autosave on then it will just overwrite the previous save.
I must have had auto backup on. Every season it would save but it would never overwrite another save file.