Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can Someone tell me whats wrong?  (Read 965 times)

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
Can Someone tell me whats wrong?
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:10 pm »

Well, I've been working on a little modification to the game, a workshop that will kill dwarves, leaving a skull to be used in other buildings later. So can someone look at the code and tell me whats wrong? I tried to make a workshop spawn a stone that would boil on creation in the workshop, killing the dwarf operating it.
Here's the stone:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here's the workshop:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not having any problem with the skull item, it comes out every time. The problem is, the stone is supposed to boil and kill the operator.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Can Someone tell me whats wrong?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »

You need to put a syndrome in the stone, one that is fatal. Right now it is basically just an annoyance, there is no reason it should kill the dwarf.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »

First of all, you need to put the syndrome in the stone.

Second, you should probably lower the boiling point to about 100 or so.

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »

Ok, Thanks. I got a syndrome that stops the lungs from working, but I want them to die a little faster. Is there a faster way to kill them with a syndrome?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

Ok, Thanks. I got a syndrome that stops the lungs from working, but I want them to die a little faster. Is there a faster way to kill them with a syndrome?

Sudden, uncontrollable bleeding.  Make a syndrome that targets ever part of them and bleeds uncontrollably.  After inhaling, Urist McBloodfountain should expire quite soon.  Also, slap on Unconsciousness and Necrosis and Paralysis on it for good measure.

I don't know if it'll work, but you can try putting "CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION" on their spine and brain.  That might do the trick.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:38 pm »

If you're feeling...interesting, make it turn them into a creature that boils at room temperature.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.