Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post your massive fort savegames here!  (Read 1209 times)

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your massive fort savegames here!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »

I've got a series of savegames from which I can try to post the fortress screenshots. It's not as pretty as some others' fortresses, but if you're really as stuck as you claim, this might help.

Also, check out my fortress planning template in Excel on the wiki. (And quick, because Toady's about to change the cliff face from vertical to fractal!) You can practice you layouts using the template, figuring out where to mine in the early years that will still support your grand designs later.

[ March 13, 2007: Message edited by: qwip ]

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by qwip:
<STRONG>I've got a series of savegames from which I can try to post the fortress screenshots. It's not as pretty as some others' fortresses, but if you're really as stuck as you claim, this might help.

Also, check out my fortress planning template in Excel on the wiki. (And quick, because Toady's about to change the cliff face from vertical to fractal!) You can practice you layouts using the template, figuring out where to mine in the early years that will still support your grand designs later.

[ March 13, 2007: Message edited by: qwip ]</STRONG>

Qwip, go ahead and post whatever you have!  :)

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 12:34:00 am »

Steeldance 13Th Felsite, 1056
my first large very successful fortress.

50 dwarves, ZERO nobles, tons of food and alcohol, good defence.

Save File

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 07:55:00 am »

I usually abandon my forts within the first few years due to my dislike of the design and such.

My current fort is most definitely my "baby" though. I'm only up to summer of the third year, with 51 dwarves, but I've accomplished a lot of work in that time. I'm fixing up a castle for the "true" nobles and the King, so when they eventually arrive, years from now, everything will be ready for them. Haven't really focused on the economy or mass production yet, but that will be the next step I take once I get more workers.
I'll post the save once I've done more work on it.

[ March 16, 2007: Message edited by: mikefictiti0us ]

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 05:45:00 pm »

The road is supposed to go directly to the trade depot! Thats the only use of the road... to the trade depot, lol...

quote:
Originally posted by mikefictiti0us:
<STRONG>I usually abandon my forts within the first few years due to my dislike of the design and such.

My current fort is most definitely my "baby" though. I'm only up to summer of the third year, with 51 dwarves, but I've accomplished a lot of work in that time. I'm fixing up a castle for the "true" nobles and the King, so when they eventually arrive, years from now, everything will be ready for them. Haven't really focused on the economy or mass production yet, but that will be the next step I take once I get more workers.
I'll post the save once I've done more work on it.

[ March 16, 2007: Message edited by: mikefictiti0us ]</STRONG>

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 06:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx:
<STRONG>The road is supposed to go directly to the trade depot! Thats the only use of the road... to the trade depot, lol...

</STRONG>

Not true.  Elephants use it as a highway into your fortress as well.  I learned that the hard way.  Now when I have elephants outside, I trap my entrance and they don't get far.

''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx:
<STRONG>The road is supposed to go directly to the trade depot! Thats the only use of the road... to the trade depot, lol...

</STRONG>

That road is unfinished, and the trade depot's position is only temporary.

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:00 am »

Here's my latest fortress as it developed. I focused on the screenshots that showed how I utilized the early mined areas for workshops while still expanding across the river. I did not label the workshops or areas, so you'll need to read the file descriptions on SaveFile.com and check the wiki to decipher fully.

1. SilveryLegends - late Spring
2. SilveryLegends - mid Summer
3. SilveryLegends - Winter
4. SilveryLegends - 2nd year Spring
5. SilveryLegends - 2nd year Summer
6. SilveryLegends - 2nd year Autumn
7. SilveryLegends - 2nd year Winter
8. SilveryLegends - Now

I welcome comments and criticism. I'll also try to explain my rationale if anyone has a specific questions.
Enjoy!

[ March 19, 2007: Message edited by: qwip ]

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

Pages: 1 [2]