Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tantruming cooks  (Read 431 times)

Patrioticpotato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Tantruming cooks
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

I recently started playing this and am able to last at least one year. However my cooks once and a while produce a masterwork food item, that once made says its lost to art defacement. They only have cooking task and its set on repeat so they shouldn't be doing anything else. Is there anyway to stop them from making masterwork cooked items or stop them being in the very unhappy condition? Or is it just a glitch?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Tantruming cooks
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

Is your food stockpile full?  I don't think they get peeved if their masterwork food is eaten but if it just sits and rots in the kitchen I think that makes them mad.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Patrioticpotato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »

My food stockpile is big enough, I have of empty barrels, bins and everything else of the like, just as soon as it is created it is destroyed. The two messages appear right after the other and I cant do anything about it.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »

If all fails, kill the cooks. All problems stem from dwarves. No dwarf - no problem.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »

Are you trying to use alcohol as a cooking ingredient? There's a problem with that in the current version - the biscuits (or whatever) melt as soon as they're made, leaving you with a puddle of booze lying in the kitchen. That would probably explain it. Make sure your dwarves don't cook booze in the current version, as you'll just be wasting booze.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.