Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make LCS go into debug mode if it has one?  (Read 1360 times)

DaMinah1337

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to make LCS go into debug mode if it has one?
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:06 pm »

I want to make LCS go into Debug Mode, I've heard about it and I've heard that you can easily change the stats on it, but I haven't seen anything about turning it into Debug Mode, I need help!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: How to make LCS go into debug mode if it has one?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:03:19 pm »

Unfortunate letdown: LCS doesn't have a debug mode. You can't put in any cheat code to enable it, you can't hack the game to turn it on, there's literally no code for a debug mode in the game's program file.

What you may have heard about is that it's possible for a developer, when compiling the game, to enable certain debug settings. For example, there are debug settings that will make the founder always start with a massive amount of internal organ damage, or make extra text show up on various screens giving a behind-the-scenes look at how the game is rolling the results of various skill and ability checks. But again, these aren't in the released game. There's no way for a player to turn them on.

As far as changing stats goes, I don't believe there are any debug settings, even ones exposed only to developers, that allow you to do that. You might be able to edit a save file to accomplish that though.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
Re: How to make LCS go into debug mode if it has one?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:27 am »

There are. The source code's includes.h seems to have some commented #defines that can be un-commented for debugging.