Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the most epic artifact...  (Read 1674 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
the most epic artifact...
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:17:38 am »

if only there was some way to display this little beauty at my doorstep to greet every would-be ambush, siege, and snatch....

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the most epic artifact...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 11:26:17 am »

if only there was some way to display this little beauty at my doorstep to greet every would-be ambush, siege, and snatch....

You COULD create a single-tile stockpile, set it to artifact quality only for figurines, and surround it with glass. :D

That is a fine artifact. Tells a very appropriate story of why goblin should just stay home.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:28:59 pm »

Not sure if you can add it after you've created a world/fortress, but I think there's a display case mod somewhere out there.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

Not sure if you can add it after you've created a world/fortress, but I think there's a display case mod somewhere out there.

There are tons of display case mods, display pedestal mods, I believe most of the major mods like Masterwork and Genesis include them.

Harkening back to one of the earliest, you can check this out.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57243.msg1249306#msg1249306

And I can confirm, yes, it requires a world regen :(

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

Has everyone already forgotten Planepacked? The most epic artifacts ever created?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 12:29:42 pm »

Has everyone already forgotten Planepacked? The most epic artifacts ever created?
Yes, since everyone realized that that bug is easily replicable. I use it myself to get rid of all of my stone.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?