Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warhammer/WH40K Mods for Non-WH Games  (Read 7411 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warhammer/WH40K Mods for Non-WH Games
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »

I've gotten the need to play more WH and WH40K as much as possible. I've had a little fun with the WH and 40K games, but now I've decided to branch out to mods for other games. I've played one of the Warhammer mods for Mount & Blade: Warband and had a little fun, which pushed my need for even more mods over the edge. Help me get my fix, mang. No game or genre restrictions, since I figure there would be others interested in this knowledge. Also, I'll set up a list for them both.

Warhammer:
Dominions 3 - So, so many. http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showforum=1 Search and Enjoy.
Mount & Blade: Warband - Warsword Conquest
Medieval II: Total War - Rage of Dark Gods. Battle for the Empire
Rome: Total War - Warhammer: Total War

Warhammer 40K:
Cortex Command - Warhammer 40K: Imperium of Man
Fallout 3 - Warhammer 40K Conversion
Fallout: New Vegas - Warhammer 40K Conversion
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:12:09 pm by Man of Paper »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer/WH40K Mods for Non-WH Games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:21:45 pm »

There's some Warhammer 40k mods for Cortex Command. I believe Medieval II: Total War has a Warhammer full conversion in the works as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

I know there are a bunch of 40K mods for Fallout 3 and I suppose some of them are ported to NV, too; but I can't say which one of them is the best. Has both partial and total conversations, perhaps someone else'll be able to give more precise data.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:11:03 pm »

There's the Exterminatus mod for Half-Life 2. Features Spehss Mehreens fighting Tyranids.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »

there is/was a civ 4 mod of warhammer fantasy around 2009/2010 that was kind of playable... but they tried to remake it in 2010 on a updated mod basis (fall from heaven i think was it) and over time development died in 2010 then.

link to the old subforum of it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232

i dont think there are any download links of it anymore anywhere (old mediafire was it i think) for quite some time now...

i did play it back in 2009 and did some suggestion/bug topic of a playthrough in the forum over there that in the end was kind of lets play-ish with some sort of story about what happens while playing... heres the link to that if someone want to read it (its not thaaat good but whatever...): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8210232#post8210232

it could be possible that i still have a old download of the mod somewhere on a burned civ4 mod dvd somewhere... maybe i take some time to see if i can find it and upload it or so if a bunch of people want it...
but it was kind of buggy and in no way "complete", "finished" or "balanced" in any way... i.e. i remember the AI did build way too many watchtowers all over the place...
but it had all races and each race had their units and buildings and mages and spells, well it was kind of playable enough to just fool around with it and get the warhammer feel from it.

sadly development died as the devs all slowly had other stuff to do and no time for it anymore.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Doom and Doom II recently, and I'm surprised at the lack of WH40k wads for it. If anything's a natural fit for a Doom wad I thought it'd be 40k ???
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »

Oh... yeah. There's several Warhammer mods for Dominions 3. Skaven, Ogres, those toad things... few others. Several are pretty well done.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.