Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quest about killing a dwarf  (Read 979 times)

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quest about killing a dwarf
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:03:09 am »

Hello,

The quest is about going to the mountains and kill a dwarf. I got to the place the compass says he's (*** on the direction marks). But he isn't here, I'm looking for a hole in the ground but I can't find anything. Any idea?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:16:51 am by snakesoul »

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest about killing a dwarf
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 05:31:11 am »

I spend about a week sleeping in the zone waiting for the dwarf and nothing happens...

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 06:18:17 am »

Do you use DFHack? Since you could use reveal and see if there's hidden lairs or something what you haven't seen.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 06:18:55 am »

Sometimes I get quests to kill people who are already dead. Double-check your quest log and see if it says "Report death of Urist McQuesttarget". It usually only happens with people that have been killed by previous adventurers, but you never know.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »

Is he in a mountain home or something? Those aren't accessible yet.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 04:25:18 am »

I heard that they are accesible through caverns... But I'm not sure if it's even possible to get to caves without use of DFhack and AdvFort... And even if it is, it'l take hellaU of your time.

If Urist is an unit for everything in DF... Is it also unit of time?
- Hey, Abla, what time is it?
- URIST O'CLOCK!
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:26:16 am »

I heard that they are accesible through caverns... But I'm not sure if it's even possible to get to caves without use of DFhack and AdvFort... And even if it is, it'l take hellaU of your time.
I don't think they're in a location that physically exists. I've tried using stonesense to look all the way down and found nothing of interest.

(FYI, there are caves on the surface that have passages leading down to the 1st cavern layer. Randomly placed are downward passages between cavern layers.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:35:31 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:19 am »

Is that location near a hamlet ? If so try going there and ask for a quest, they may give you new directions. At least I had this for a vampire quest.