Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you do to add excitement to your adventures?  (Read 531 times)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
What do you do to add excitement to your adventures?
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:58:08 am »

How do you make your adventures just that little bit more fun? Do you like to roleplay somebody who collects hands to use as deadly projectiles, or play while not wearing pants? Do you use certain mods, maybe?

Personally I enjoy modifying the RAWs to add human-like town sites to elves, dwarves and goblins because I'm too impatient to wait for the next release I like my world to feel full and have a bit of variation about them. I also gave subterranean animal people above ground civs and human style towns too, because a nation of ant people just sounds fun. I wrote them a list of ethics, clothing and items to use as well as a religion and an entire language.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do to add excitement to your adventures?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:01 am »

I have also modded hamlets and towns for elves/dwarves/goblins.

For excitement, I try not to use largest caveats (like wearing fifty shields). Also I often set specific goals for my adventurers - like I try to clean the world from criminal scum or become a werebeast. Also roleplaying.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:52:57 am »

I periodically mod in features to my DF game. Such as the ability to conjure up temporary weapons as projectiles for a bow.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

I collect however many skulls and small body parts I can get my hands on. When that adventurer dies I try to get my hands on their collection and start anew. Sometimes I look at an inventory and think "Oh yeah, I remember killing that guy! He killed a bunch of my companions, but I finally got him."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.