Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taverns and Inns  (Read 633 times)

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Taverns and Inns
« on: April 07, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »

TL;DR - Tavern Z-status screen, musicians and inns?

Stories of taverns being in the next update get me excited, I can see the money flowing in!
My suggestion is this, in the Z status screen, can we have a economy or tavern tab where we can see things like: Income, types and amount of booze on tap and visitors this year. Also can we possibly have a new job in 'other jobs' called musician, who will go and entertain the drunks with their instrument of choice making them likely to buy more booze and food. Another thought on taverns, will there be the option of inns ? like maybe a few rooms attached to the tavern that we can set as 'rentable rooms' so more money can be made. What will we do with all the money we make? Melt the coins down and make stuff! Throw them at large metal men!

This may have been brought up already but the searches I've done have turned up nothing.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Taverns and Inns
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

next update is parkour and nonlethal combat.  no inns yet.  also, economy was taken out, so if the inn IS added before the economy is re-instated, the patrons will probably pay with services or items.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:34:46 am »

I know about the adventure mode things, just wasn't sure about the timeline for taverns and economy.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »

i think it'll be awhile, although i would LOVE to have the taverns implemented.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »

Taverns and Inns are the Near Future development list.

None Lethal combat, is tied into that, as it allows bar fights that well, dont end in a massacre.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:48:01 am »

Taverns and Inns are the Near Future development list.

None Lethal combat, is tied into that, as it allows bar fights that well, dont end in a massacre.
I have a feeling my legendary striker adventurer will find a way to make it a bloodbath.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 09:37:53 am »

Has he promised chandelier swinging?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur