Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question regarding artifacts  (Read 716 times)

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick question regarding artifacts
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:50:40 pm »

Hi, new player here.  A dwarf just made an artifact bed worth basically half of my total worth(~70k). What is the best use for it? I feel it would be a waste for just a noble's bed. Should I place it in my great hall? Also, i'm scared that now my total worth is high i'm going to start getting goblin attacks. Thanks for the help!

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question regarding artifacts
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »

Might be worth saving it until the monarch comes -- monarch requirements are hard to meet. Remember, you don't have to put it in the bedroom -- putting it in any room someone owns will raise the value of that room.

Also keep in mind that if you put it in anyone else's room, the higher-ranking nobles will be upset that a person of lower rank has a better room than they do. That doesn't apply to communal rooms, obviously.
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:16:12 pm »

Ok, that sounds like a good idea. I'll have to see if I can last that long though haha. I haven't reached 90+ pops yet with any embarks.

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:25:29 pm »

Of course, you don't have to stick to one use -- you could put it somewhere for now, then move it to your monarch's rooms when said monarch arrives.

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:02:06 am »

How about you designate your communal bedroom with it? I think it will provide dwarves with good thoughts whenever they go to sleep and once you need it elsewhere you can just move it.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:21 am »

I would just stick it in one of your noble's rooms, or better yet, a private bedroom for your militia commander or otherwise awesome champion.  Its not like you can't just take back the bed if you get a better idea.

How about you designate your communal bedroom with it? I think it will provide dwarves with good thoughts whenever they go to sleep and once you need it elsewhere you can just move it.

I was under the impression that dwarves never got "nice room" thoughts when sleeping in a dormitory.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:11 am »

I was under the impression that dwarves never got "nice room" thoughts when sleeping in a dormitory.
I don't know whether that's true, but dwarves will admire good furniture when they pass right by it. If it's in a communal bedroom, it might be a good idea to set it up near the door so as many dwarves as possible pass by it.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 10:37:06 am »

Build it in the dining room, where all the dwarves will have to walk past it at some point in their eating process.

It'll make everyone happy twice - once for looking at it, and once for eating in a legendary dining room.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:36:49 pm »

Edit: deleted message, moved elsewhere
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:33:39 pm by zzedar »