Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lords of Football (Football Manager meets The Sims?)  (Read 1507 times)

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lords of Football (Football Manager meets The Sims?)
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:21:56 am »

(For reference, the Football referred to is also known as Soccer)

Release date: 5th April, 2013 (Steam page)

From the game's website (Here):

"Lords of Football has evolved football computer games by simulating the football world both on and off the pitch!

The everyday routine of football is brought to life, simulating footballers' training to improve their skills and all the drama and real-life distractions that unfold during a normal season.

With easy drag-and-drop navigation and by learning each footballer's personality, you must oversee all your footballers and resources to bring the team up to international competition level. The game takes place in an immersive 3D world with a customisable team, and rewards success with club upgrades to expand this exciting, vibrant football simulation."

Spoiler: Feature List (click to show/hide)

They've set some high targets for themselves, but it all looks quite good. There's a complex-looking system for managing players' needs and such, a la The Sims, and another system where players can participate in 'events' that'll alter their mood.

Overall, it looks like the football portion of the game is simplified from Football Manager, where the focus is on the Sims-esque dealing with your players' moods and happiness. The only personal issue I see is that the game doesn't have you playing against real-life leagues and teams (Probably because the developers couldn't afford the licenses).

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Football (Football Manager meets The Sims?)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:55:53 am »

I have it on my wishlist to keep an eye on it. It will either be terrific or awful. I will say that it kind of seems like a cellphone game more than a pc game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:38 pm »

Well, it's out now and whilst I am very intrigued by the concept - the price is putting me off. £25 for a game from a never before heard of company, no demo, no reviews as yet and a relatively small let's play video from God is a Geek. I can't afford it at the moment anyway, funds will be tight for another six months or so thanks to a few unexpected housing bills.

Anyway, has anyone taken the plunge with it yet?

Whilst the game is £24.99 on GamersGate and Steam, you can still grab it for the 15% off price point of £21.24 from Green Man Gaming.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/simulation/lords-football/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:40:00 pm by Kaje »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »

I'll try it and get back. I'm a futbol fanatic but still it looks like a bit of a hackjob, sure sounds interesting though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »

PTW, this could be awesome.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »

I held back too.

But here's a LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUkZgepqpE
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)