Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Food always too cold  (Read 1783 times)

ravin3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Food always too cold
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:26:03 am »

So, playing a game of adventure mode with Rhenayas Drow Mod and soon enough my adventurer gets hungry. So I grab the "Prepared Ibex Man Intestines" I started with for some reason and attempt to make a meal out of it. "Too cold." Ok, huh. Well, let's make a campfire and see what happens. So I make a fire and heat up the intestines. "Too Cold." I look around the forums and only find an old thread that didn't help much, seemed to be related to the HOMEOTHERM tag or something. So I mess around with it, generating new worlds each time, and each time even berries I just stole picked are "Too cold."

Any ideas how to fix this?

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Food always too cold
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »

The only thing I know about this is if you use P it will tell you the temperature of the area. If its deathly cold then your food will be too cold to eat. wait till the sun rises or move to a different area and see if that helps. I also noticed that in some worlds either the north pole or the south pole will be cold while the other end will be hot.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

What are the temperature characteristics (e.g. melting/boiling points) of your adventurer's blood and other body materials?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ravin3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »

Temperature-related creature information:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The area I'm in is in the middle of grassland near a forest. My human I made for the sole purpose of testing this can eat just fine.

EDIT:As it turns out, the entire world is deathly cold. Odd how my human (That I just slaughtered with my Drow) can eat just fine.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:42:38 pm by ravin3 »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:49 am »

Temperature-related creature information:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

According to these numbers its blood would instantly boil (10000 Urists == 0 C). This looks like the problem to me.
._.

ravin3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:58:34 am »

Fixed it by genning a new world that wasn't so darn cold.

I modded the boiling blood on purpose because I'm doing a minor in testing crazy things in the raws. With this blood, when attacked, the creature's wound expels an expanding cloud of poisonous gas that then cools to liquid, then (hopefully) to solid.

But the unable to eat issue has been fixed, thanks.