Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: FarCry 3  (Read 9365 times)

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Re: FarCry 3
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2013, 08:10:43 am »

I actually carry around an RPG just for heavies because until I got the Shredder or whatever that signature-weapon SMG is, I couldn't kill them without access to a gun turret or an RPG.

Led to some funny moments clearing the area of a Wanted Dead quest with my silenced sniper from a tree on a nearby hill and then pulling out the RPG to finish the two heavies in the area and still remaining undetected.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2013, 08:22:18 am »

I kill heavies using a simple method: I just drop a remote explosives (weapon '5' on the keyboard) when they come near me and instantly detonate it. I usually lose some health, but it's the quickest way to get rid of them (and it's more deadly and precise than grenades).
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

I generally just hammered them in the head till they went down.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »

IMO Far Cry 3 was a huge improvement on the huge boring waste of time FarCry 2 was. I gave up on the middle of FarCry 2 due to the "incredible sandbox world" it had..

Anyway, I liked a lot how the game started and developed, and how Jason was some kind of shy guy and later on begins to lose track of who he was ("What have I become?" = AWESOME).

The thing is, I think the game lacked the ability to build a relationship between characters, and "draw you in" the story.
You could only guess how much Jason liked his friends and how he hated to see them get broken from inside out (or the other way around), because nothing really gives you a measure of how connected they really were.

I believe more of those "past" side missions (the ones on a club when you take those pills on the cavern) should have been made, since the last one actually hints you that the DJ that told Jason and his friends about the island, was one of Hoyt's contacts that lured them into getting captured.
But it ends there.

Like the ending: it just ends there. You have no idea about the consequences of Jason's actions after the endings, which is terrible and made me feel that the whole effort of finishing the game was just to see the Ending Credits.

And, oh yeah:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meh!  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »

I enjoyed FC2 for all of a couple hours before it got horribly boring.
Doing the same thing over, and over, and over isn't my idea of lasting fun. That said, I do not regret FC2.

FC3 shared the problem of essentially being the same thing over and over again, but somehow did it *better*. The main story line kept things interesting, I suppose (thos little side quests were horribly lame; way too short and pointless).

BUT, I beat Far Cry 3. It is probably the first game I have beaten in several months, even.
I enjoyed it, but I can't see myself really every playing it more int he future...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »

I greatly enjoyed Farcry 3. It was a bit short and some of the gameplay things are rather shallow, like the crafting and leveling up, but the stealth mechanics make up for it, IMO. Nothing beats killing two heavies and like six soldiers with a machete in ten seconds, without any of them realizing.

Also, fuck the goddamned crocodiles. The 'Evil' ending was pretty... Trippy.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2013, 09:10:10 am »

So, people here are generally smart and pay attention. I didn't, in this case so i come to ask about the ending.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

So, people here are generally smart and pay attention. I didn't, in this case so i come to ask about the ending.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]