Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Kinetic Void  (Read 27083 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Kinetic Void
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »

Looks promising. I'm worried about another disappointed like FTL, though.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:27 pm »

Looks promising. I'm worried about another disappointed like FTL, though.
At risk of derailing, I'd dare to say that the only reason one could be dissappointed in FTl is that there expectations were to high.
Ie, expecting a 900k game rather than the 10k game promised.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »

Possibly. Although the chief confusing factor is that I had read somewhere that... Mojang... or somesuch, some indie developer, anyway, but a famous one, was making an open ended space game and I assumed for some reason that FTL was the one he was talking about (It was not. The actual game was.... 1000000000ac or something like that). I expected something more on the lines of what KV is promising (Elite-like, I guess?), so I was quite disappointed when it wasn't. I'd probably have skipped buying had I been better informed. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:58:56 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »

That's honestly no reason to fear dissapointment from anything else. Seems like a pretty clear case of you confusing one game with another, and not anything to do with games in general. Mistakes are fine, but make sure to walk away with the right lessons.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

Possibly. Although the chief confusing factor is that I had read somewhere that... Mojang... or somesuch, some indie developer, anyway, but a famous one, was making an open ended space game and I assumed for some reason that FTL was the one he was talking about (It was not. The actual game was.... 1000000000ac or something like that). I expected something more on the lines of what KV is promising (Elite-like, I guess?), so I was quite disappointed when it wasn't. I'd probably have skipped buying had I been better informed.

You refer to Notches project 0x10c

http://0x10cforum.com/0x10cnews
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2013, 06:47:04 pm »

Aka 'That thing with the unpronounceable name, dangit Notch!'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2013, 07:10:49 pm »

"Ten to the c."

So, KV's forums mentioned something about a dev release coming last week or so with testing for basic faction interactions and stuff. Is that out yet? I can't tell if people are busy testing it or if it isn't a thing yet.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]