Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: multiple creatures in one entity  (Read 2310 times)

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
multiple creatures in one entity
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:34 pm »

I noticed the [CREATURE:creaturename] tag in entities, I added elves (that didn't change anything seemingly), and ogres, to add something noticable. Somehow ogres now have their own civilization, there are a ton of ogres now, ogre gods and goddesses, etc. Apparently a large quantity of ogres murdered some elves, etc. Might have been 'outcast' ogres, ogres outside of civ, not sure. I am now embarking as ogres, sadly not mixed races, just ogres. All the ogres are under livestock, and I can't see preferences. All the ogres are slow moving around. They will do labor though. My question is, if I added, lets say, "dwarven sheep" and checked legends to make sure I didn't embark with dwarven sheep and instead had dwarves, would I end up with instant access with dwarven sheep?
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: multiple creatures in one entity
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »

what doing that does, is simply make it random, thing of the game spinning a wheel of fortune when it wants to use a creature for that civ, entity persay.

So if you added a bunch of creatures to the EVIL or Goblin entity then there would be random evil fortresses all over, some will be say an fortress of evil elves, where another will be goblins, another nightwings, another dwarves, etc, etc. But they are all spread out, so depending on where you embark the closest evil entity will attack you (elf,dwarf,goblin,nightwing, whatver number of creatures you added to that entity)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:39:16 pm »

No.

If there are five creatures, let's say OLM_MAN, TIGERMAN, etc. etc. in a single entity, the game, upon world generation, will spawn an entity with a random chance of being populated by those aforementioned creatures.

Or in short, what Hugo_The_Dwarf said.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

You can do something similar by representing the different creatures as separate castes. The only issue with this method is that there's nothing to stop the different creatures in your civilization from giving birth to one another.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:56 pm »

You can do something similar by representing the different creatures as separate castes. The only issue with this method is that there's nothing to stop the different creatures in your civilization from giving birth to one another.

That is why it's great to do that with evil unplayable civs :P you never truly witness the birth, and in legends you can imagin it as some curse

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »

That is why it's great to do that with evil unplayable civs :P you never truly witness the birth, and in legends you can imagin it as some curse

At least until that stray Orc Thief you just cage trapped gives birth to a size (10000) Pit Fiend Baby. :P

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 11:31:53 pm »

At least until that stray Orc Thief you just cage trapped gives birth to a size (10000) Pit Fiend Baby. :P

"Hey, Urist, think we should move the Orc cage outta the dining room? Her labor is really putting me off my kitten stew."
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:56:56 am »

Well, I was just being hopeful for a second. :P Thanks for responses. Another question is, if I have evil horses as a caste for an evil race, they have the [MOUNT] tag, etc. Pop ratio pretty low, will they come riding them? Or will the evil horses just be a member of the civilization, chill, and have babies?
+Signature+

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 01:56:16 pm »

Well, I was just being hopeful for a second. :P Thanks for responses. Another question is, if I have evil horses as a caste for an evil race, they have the [MOUNT] tag, etc. Pop ratio pretty low, will they come riding them? Or will the evil horses just be a member of the civilization, chill, and have babies?

They won't mount them you sick fuck. :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 02:13:35 pm »

Intelligent invaders won't breed without being married (which won't happen in your fortress) unless you have a [FEMALE] caste that also has the [PET] token.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 03:03:23 pm »

They won't mount them you sick fuck. :P
Lol ok  :P
+Signature+