Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Silent Hunter III - Damn These Torpedoes!  (Read 17068 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Hunter III - Damn These Torpedoes!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

It gets more fun later on. For example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of that mission, only 1 or 2 of those 83 kills were boats; a destroyer and maybe a cargo ship. The rest consisted of catalinas and bombers.  :D
I ended up getting almost 2000 prestige from that mission, heh.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 02:42:18 pm »

Whenever I dock in a neutral port, I start a mission inside of a hull of a huge ship and can't move out of it...

Also is there a way to refuel in SH3??
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »

I really liked watching our boy Jefmajor livestreaming  SH4 yesterday. He lead a german u-boat assault of exactly one ship against the island of Midway and survived :P Took out carrier and a whole lot of other boats and planes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 02:52:21 pm »

Livestream of Jef and SH4? Daww I missed that.

Anyway, I saw a lot of bitching about SH4 everywhere, but playing SH3 after watching Jef's streams gives me a headache... I cannot refuel without endind a mission, if I do it in a neutral port it gives me a NULL destination, and I start inside of other ships in ports like 30% of the time... SH4 seems to be much less frustrating.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

SHIII for the win. SH2 was good, SH4 is meh and 5 I didn't even know I bought, until I installed it by accident one time :/

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 02:57:50 pm »

Why do you think SH4 is meh? Well, I've noticed that in SH3 you have much more countries opposing you, so I am paranoidal about sinking a neutral ship... Can you look at the list of your enemies somewhere, I don't remember all Axis members of WWI? :)

Also I've just found that M brings up "messages" menu. How do I normally access it (with mouse) and what are the other vital "hidden" commands?

P.S. Another noob question, how can I see the N/S and E/W degrees on map (lattitude/longitude)?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:59:33 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 12:18:47 am »

Thanks for making me want to play this again... and me without a working DVD drive...

Edit: I may or may not have just salvaged a half working dvd drive from an older computer and I may or may not have managed to get it to work copying files simply by beating on it a few times. And it may or may not be screeching randomly as if gears were grinding or the dvd was hitting the tray.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:19:52 pm by sluissa »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 10:21:09 pm »

Success! Somehow... Downloading GWX now.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 06:35:33 am »

After a couple of years hiatus I'm thinking about getting back my SHIII DVD and booting this up again. I've done a quick google and noticed that the Grey Wolves update has had a final polished version released. I thought I would ask people though, what do you think is the best, hassle free mod? I'll be running the game on two year old cheap end laptop, so I'm not worried so much about graphical improvements. Also, I don't want to fart around too long, so I am looking at some kind of do-it-all mod.

Who else is still playing this game, interesting in playing again? I usually don't go for sims, but I've love this one.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 06:59:15 am »

I never got into SH3. Had it as a preorder for something I cancelled, but I boot up SH4 every now and then. These are great fun :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]