Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Town Craft orders  (Read 769 times)

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Town Craft orders
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:30:38 pm »

Ever get tired of sifting through thousands of wool socks in the warehouse to find a full set of armor? I do. So then I go to the armor and leather shops to try to buy it. All they sell are a bunch of skirts and leggings.
I propose having worldgen force human craftsmen to create/sell full sets of clothing, instead of having just one or two different things.
That, or add a dialogue option to order specific armor/weapons from the craftsmen.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: Town Craft orders
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:49:46 pm »

Could potentially add a use for the assorted negotiating skills for adventurers. Have the price partially tied into the local availability of ordered materials, your bargaining ability, the current mood of the craftsman...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:59:54 am »

Well for now there just isn't nearly any good pieces of armor or weapons for sale. All real stuff is found from the keeps and warehouses (for free). But once we get better shop-system (or items) it would be really useful. Maybe some kind of trade dialogue where you can order things like "full set of armor" instead of scrolling through all the items.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:07:46 pm »

Well for now there just isn't nearly any good pieces of armor or weapons for sale. All real stuff is found from the keeps and warehouses (for free). But once we get better shop-system (or items) it would be really useful. Maybe some kind of trade dialogue where you can order things like "full set of armor" instead of scrolling through all the items.
That's... Exactly what I said.
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.