Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Scribblenauts Unlimited  (Read 11711 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Scribblenauts Unlimited
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:46 am »

An angry atheist?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 12:46:23 am »

This game will be available at 75% off on Amazon from 24-26th of Dec. :)

$20 on Amazon as we speak:

http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Bros-Digital-Distribution-Scribblenauts/dp/B00A4MWX04/ref=pd_cp_vg_0#productPromotions
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 01:03:18 am »

I still can't get how much is different from the previous one

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »

My favorite way to solve hungry people is spawning babies, with adjectives related to what they want. Hungry Vegan Piranha's? Vegetable Baby. Undersea creature wants something spicy, Spicy Baby. Cannibal at a buffet, Baby.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »

If I buy the disk for this will it contain the full game independent of steam, or does it have to be linked to a steam account to run?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

I like Scribblenauts but I doubt my computer is up to par when it comes to the system requirements for this game. I think I've seen the PC version for sale on Amazon and thus might get Scribblenauts Unlimited when I get a computer that can run said game, which will probably be when this game is sold out.

My favorite from the original was God fighting Cthulu then riding Cthulu. It was awesome.

If I buy the disk for this will it contain the full game independent of steam, or does it have to be linked to a steam account to run?
It will be independent of Steam as all hardcopies of games on Steam are. At least that was my experience with games from Steam that I have hardcopies of. It will probably hold true for Scribblenauts Unlimited as well.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 08:22:10 pm »

I bought a hardcopy of Skyrim and it required a steam account, that's why I'm asking.

Can someone who bought a physical copy give me a definite answer?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »

I like Scribblenauts but I doubt my computer is up to par when it comes to the system requirements for this game. I think I've seen the PC version for sale on Amazon and thus might get Scribblenauts Unlimited when I get a computer that can run said game, which will probably be when this game is sold out.

My favorite from the original was God fighting Cthulu then riding Cthulu. It was awesome.

It will be independent of Steam as all hardcopies of games on Steam are. At least that was my experience with games from Steam that I have hardcopies of. It will probably hold true for Scribblenauts Unlimited as well.

It's a Steamworks game, IE it requires steam for certain feature support API's, and for DRM. Thus it requires steam no matter what service you buy it from, physical or otherwise.

However Steam is one of the better DRMs, doesn't require you to be always online, doesn't try and bullshit you with limited activations, and is generally friendly support wise if you are friendly to their support. It's actually one of the most user friendly DRM schemes out there.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 05:33:37 am »

I recently picked this up.
But i've had an issue.
I spent a few hours in the item editor yesterday, editing and stuff.
I come back this morning to find all my custom weapons has disappeared.
Has anyone else had this problem?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »

ARGH! I want this, but it's £23.

Gonna have to look at gameplay videos or something to see if it's worth it...

In my oppinion DO NOT GET IT!

This game is one of those games where you have to be absolutely sure you want it because any amount of "do I really?" just means the game isn't for you.

Let me give you the worst parts about the game you will not find anywhere else
1) The game is dirt easy: The only time this game will ever challenge you is when you do not understand the puzzle.
2) While there can be a lot of creativity in the solutions the solutions themselves feel exactly the same anyway. If you play this game enough a "Bluebird" will start to feel exactly the same as a "Blue Bazooka" and the creative aspect starts to feel cheapened as it stops being about trying to make the most outlandish solution possible because nothing is outlandish anymore.
3) The game can REALLY be powered through. If you suddenly just snap and try to collect stars as fast as you can you can beat every single level in two-three hours and that is including getting every star and finding the solution.
4) Most of the puzzles in this game are just a joke... as in they are meant to make you laugh, not challenge you. In otherwords you are paying 20 dollars for a joke book.
5) Most puzzles don't have interesting alternatives or even alter themselves accordingly. It is a shame to be truthful.

If none of these bother you. Get the game! Dear goodness get the game it was made for you. The colorful world and the endless exploration of pure creativity will keep you entertained for days while you try to find new solutions to puzzles you completed multiple times before (Some puzzles actually DO have entertaining and smart alternate solutions. The Granny who wants to rest being one of them)

If ANY of these bother you a lot! Stay away.

This game is kinda weird because I love being creative, but I think I found what exactly I like being creative about. I like finding creative solutions to problems or creating creative things to serve a use. There are no problems in freeform creativity is that there is no problem nor does anything serve a real use.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:48:28 pm by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 04:04:21 pm »

I'm gonna put myself in the Get it camp, but if you have a 3DS get it for that instead of the other versions because the games in the franchise are much more useful as something to play around with if you're able to pull it out at a moments notice or show it to friend.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 06:39:39 pm »

I'm gonna put myself in the Get it camp, but if you have a 3DS get it for that instead of the other versions because the games in the franchise are much more useful as something to play around with if you're able to pull it out at a moments notice or show it to friend.

Not to mention that same games are just much better in a portable format as it limits how long you are playing and can be broken up into smaller chunks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]