Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What interesting/strange tales have YOU seen in Legends mode?  (Read 4557 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: What interesting/strange tales have YOU seen in Legends mode?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 05:37:10 pm »

Nguslu Hellwarmth the Shady Sand of Eagles was the last goblin ruler of a particular civilization on The Destined Planet. For 25 years the dwarves had waged war on them and tore them apart 400s vs 1-3, the last 4 goblin monarchs died in this conflict.

After 25 years of the goblin fortress being sacked a random completely unrenowned goblin was crowned, Nguslu Hellwarmth. The dwarves seiged and Nguslu single handedly repelled the seige from the capital by killing 254 people even though her arm was impaled halfway through. The dwarves promptly surrendered due to the first goblin victory after 142 battles of dwarves decimating. 1/4 of the total casualties in the war happened in that one battle alone all by Nguslu's hand.

She's now ruled her (very limited) kingdom for 121yrs and is listed as a Lye Maker.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 10:59:19 am »

Not entirely an interesting tale, but in a world I just genned, there is one draconic mountain hall in my yet to be released mod that has only 13 dragons compared to the rest of the civilizations 200+ per mountain hall.  There are also two prisoners there.  One troll, and who I believe to be the fallen goblin civilization's former king.  Who escaped twice before when the civilization still existed.  The place must be the ultimate prison, built specifically for this goblin. :P
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:26 am »

Got a few weird ones with a pocket world with sites and civs set to low and megabeasts and savagery set to high

The first dwarven queen marries a dwarf, gets kidnapped the next year then imprisoned, turned into a shadow freak consort and murders a few groups of Kobolds.

Another few notable stories

Female dwarf kidnapped by a gloom ogre to be his consort, She was then killed by her former civ.
A Giant bat that Kobold legend will talk of for years, Year 5, 3 pages of battle mentions.
A giant cat demon that escaped the underworld and settled in the hills with another giant cat demon.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:46 am »

I've got megabeasts with spouse conversion.

It keeps them from dying out, and makes for some curious Legends.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:36 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »

In a small pocket world I created, there lived an unlucky little elf. More specifically, there lived four night creatures, who kept assaulting him throughout the years. They managed to smash his ear and scratch his arm, but most of the time he managed to escape unscatched.

After few decades of this, he joined a cult and became a hunter, wandering the wilderness and hunting dangerous beasts. He was no longer assaulted by night creatures - he encountered them.

After 150 years of world gen, he only had four kills total: those same four night creatures.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 05:48:16 pm »

I had a world where for several generations goblins in this one family line would get married, have a kid, and kill their grandparents. They also sometimes killed others but generally that was the extent of their legends entry. The last one in line was killed preemptively by a grandparent.
Pages: 1 [2]