Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD] Cult of Ra 0.0.2  (Read 954 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
[MOD] Cult of Ra 0.0.2
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:14:32 pm »

This is the third idea that I have thought of, and while my Soviet G, and Sengoku no Shiru mods are on indefinite hiatus,(ALL MY ADD) and have show very little progress over time, this will be an even simpler or base conversion than that of both of those. My original plans were to make the game a lot more brutal. Similar to the grim grimoire project which is also on hiatus, from me at least. Currently included is San Diego's Realistic Tissue mod, and Nihilist's Brain Stem Project with their base values. I might make some edits or modifications to those to make some more values more desirable and possibly expand on them, but this is not supposed to be a more realistic game, as opposed to grim grimoire. This is just supposed to be far more dark and brutal. Which brings me to the next expansion of idea.

Cult of Ra.

I started thinking, I also wanted to make religion and various equivalent things prevalent, similar to Masterwork or Genesis, which I find has very interesting inclusions of both of them, but I feel personally that both of them don't tickle my fancy quite as much. I plan to go for something in between or even further, so then I figured, what would be more interesting to do with such a thing. I started thinking ancient Egypt. Something that I do not believe has quite cropped up for a DF mod at all, and decided this might be a more overall focus of the mod. While it won't solely be an ancient Egyptian themed expansion of brutality, it will definitely feature a lot of characteristics of such a thing. To put it simply I plan on making a 'mini' genesis, but also to my own flavoring and theme instead.

Ideas/Features to date
----------------------
-Realistic/Deadly/Brutal Combat and Gore
-Ancient Egyptian based cults and religion
-Build Guardian Temples to create such things as jackal headed guardians to guard your holdings
-Make those tombs really shine
-Build a lot of shrines, shrines everywhere, make those gods the center of all attention
-People will die in horrendous ways other than combat
-Magic
-Clothing of Jewlery

Spoiler: 'Changelog' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:25:13 pm by Vherid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MOD] ۞ Ȼult of Rⱥ
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:37:36 pm »

Just a note: My Chrome tab reads "Mod (fancy symbol here) - Cult of Ra, with C and a being fancy. In the forum it looks like this: "Re: [MOD] ۞ Ȼult of Rⱥ"
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »

Just a note: My Chrome tab reads "Mod (fancy symbol here) - Cult of Ra, with C and a being fancy. In the forum it looks like this: "Re: [MOD] ۞ Ȼult of Rⱥ"

Yes I picked those special characters just because of FANCY. But that's pretty funny that's how it appears in the tabs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:25 pm »

I was wondering what "ult of R" is too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »

Yes I picked those special characters just because of FANCY. But that's pretty funny that's how it appears in the tabs.
It appears normally in tabs, but it is ult of r on forums.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »

When this gets released, I will download it.
After all, how could I pass up the chance to ssa rifice my dwarves for power (or nothing)?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »

I think that's dependent on what font your browser uses. It was working fine for me, but I fixed it to normalcy now I guess.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Cult of Ra
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 11:50:17 pm »

I think that's dependent on what font your browser uses. It was working fine for me, but I fixed it to normalcy now I guess.
Of course it does :). And I used my phone.

I'm looking forward to it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬