Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your most badass Dwarves?  (Read 2968 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most badass Dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 02:51:16 pm »

This lady:

She is so badass that she have given a name to her hammer, her shield, one of her boots and her crutch

Not Shown: Five Fb's killed, and her age. She is 160 years old, and has survived 15 years in a evil fort opened to the outside.
I have seen her fighting 50 zombies alone and win even though they resurrect.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »

Amazing Dwarf there! Awesome :D

I have something of a mini-badass. Her name's Fath. She was a fairly unremarkable Hammerdwarf, a new recruit who was merely "competent".

First siege, she was somehow the first and only Dwarf out of the door, even though I ordered everyone to charge, and she proceeded to incapacitate 3 Crossbow Goblins with her Silver Warhammer. However, disaster struck and she took a copper bolt to the leg.

Semi-conscious, bleeding, and all alone, the remaining 4 Goblins pelted her stationary body with bolt after bolt after bolt. Finally the cleanup crew arrived and a legendary Swordsdwarf promptly hacked the Gobbos to death, finishing the final one with an almost cinematic stab-through-the-gut-and-twist (ouch!).

Fath lay immobile in a big pool of blood. She had all her upper and lower limbs broken, her body cut open all over and only narrowly avoided getting her throat cut open (it was merely "bruised").

I watched a Farmer drag her to Hospital, and amazingly she stayed conscious and alive. Over months she was the only patient in the hospital and had just about every possible medical procedure applied. And now? Well, she hasn't trained for ages, but I just saw her walking about with crutches with all 4 of her limbs splinted, carrying stuff to the stockpiles... :D

I've named her "Mighty" Fath. She may not be the best soldier of my fort, but I'm hoping she overcomes infection and can be restored to *almost* good as new despite her horrific injuries.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 02:43:31 pm »

I don't know if he is the most badassed dwarf I have seen, but probably one of the most tenacious.

Sarvesh Burialhalls started out life as an average axedwarf until the day when the third cavern layer was breached and a mysterious structure was discovered.  this structure was constructed in such a way as to trap most of the undead inhabitants until we decided to breach it (the only opening lead to a ramp-less area).  The military was mustered: one full squad each of axe-, spear-, hammer-, and sworddwarfs.  Traps were set including a cage filled with war animals brought from all over the world.
Every single damned zombie had freaking hooves. Muskox, deer, reindeer, goats- it was not pretty.  Most of the war animals died but there was only one dwarven casualty, Sarvesh Burialhalls.  When the cleanup and recovery began he was not breathing so I wrote him off prepared a coffin and slab and went about the business of preparing to claim the candy sword below.  A few months passed and I checked in on Sarvesh.  He was still in the hospital.  Hells he was still being sutured.

2.5 months just to sew him back up. 2.5 months of dedicated suturing by expert surgeons with speed 1.  Practically every body part was damaged in some way, many bones were broken and I am surprised they let him keep the lung.  4 compound fractures, 17 parts with sutures, 10 minor fractures.  Both his feet and both his hands were broken, every bone in his left leg, and some of his ribs were broken.  But the man survived, he even managed to get out of a traction bench without me needing to intervene.  He was admitted into the hospital on the third of Slate and was released the 2nd of Limestone.  Oh and his left shoulder, left ankle and right shoulder are all infected and have been for two years.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 08:31:05 pm »

My dwarf that I named "Alive;Sane", the description of his body was "Strapped with a thick layer of lard and muscle"
he wore iron chain mail, an adamantine breastplate, adamantine greaves, some adamantine cloaks and other armor.
His emotional state was "hardened." I never got a chance to use him after I got him his armor.
Later I found that because I changed his name more than once his name in history was "Super Wakeme".

The fortress that I was using was my greatest and my most well designed.

The fortress name was...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:32:41 pm by noobnubcakes »
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.
Pages: 1 [2]