Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Halp 0.0  (Read 600 times)

Kurnic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Halp 0.0
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »

Hi all, so Ive been playing DF on and off for about a year now, I just started a new fortress, embarked next to a necro tower so i could have some fun, I load up and off to the left of my wagon is a big smooth rocksalt area covered in corpses, Ive only ever seen the worked areas on embark when I decided I was gonna do a toll house thing on one of the roads between a couple human cities, Id never seen them covered in corpses before I got there. I hop into units to see if maybe theres something I should be worried about, and theres a friggen hill titan x.x
Thuthu, A gigantic three eyed rattlesnake. It has a spiral shell and a regal bearing. Beware its poisonous bite.
I dunno wtf i should do, most Ive ever had to deal with is an FB or two, and then wasnt from the get go. The maps mostly flat with a smallish brook in the middle, and a small hill to the upper left where this guys sitting. I totally wasnt ready for fun so early in, only weapons Ive got are my 2 picks and woodcutters axe, so wtf do I do? Wil he start crushing my doorfs soon as I unpause, or can I start diging? If I can start digging I think I can cave the bugger in, or should I just abandon this fortress and start somewhere else?

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Halp 0.0
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

I don't think he will go on a rampage unless you send over dwarves to mess with him.  I have embarked on a dragon nest before and they seemed mellow until I started poking them.  Your mileage may vary of course, but I wouldn't abandon right away.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Kurnic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Halp 0.0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:51:36 pm »

Welp, its a moot point now, computer crashed for some reason right after I posted that x.x