Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dust 514  (Read 3364 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Dust 514
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »

The point I was making is that EVE online and Dust are two wildly different genres. So different that I really don't see that much crossover between people who play EVE and people who would play Dust. Either they allready play EVE and aren't going to abandon it to play Dust (especially considering the intertwined nature of the two) or they don't play EVE in which case you're getting new customers.

Imagine if there was a hypothetical FIFA MMO, and a hypothetical ME MMO. The comparison is still valid I think.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 08:12:52 pm »

The hypothetical FIFA mmo would be plagued by annual downtimes to get everything back up to date, with the length depending on how long it takes to reorganize an entire sports collective.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »

Necroing because open beta.

Anyway, I played this with a mouse and keyboard. Kinda generic right now, tbh. There's "assault" (team deathmatch) and "skirmish" (domination), not much else. The loadout system is interesting. The microtransaction system is a bit pay-to-win, but not unreasonably so; you do get better equipment if you buy the pay currency, but it's not permanent. The only permanent items are crappy weapons you have to buy with the pay currency, as far as I've seen.

I don't think it has EVE connection yet? I know there are corporations in it already, but I don't think there are actual things yet 'cause game's still version 0.7.

Played with KB+M, almost unfair.

Fun, though.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 08:39:38 pm »

I don't think it has EVE connection yet?

It's partially implemented. We've been seeing some Dust players in our Eve chat channel, and I've read that they can join Eve corporations. Dust infantry items can also be seen on the market, though it appears that we can't buy them or  train Dust skills from an Eve account. And I don't think planetary bombardment from Eve ships in orbit to ground based targets in Dust is working yet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »

Haha, yeah. There's a joke about that in Dust, actually: an advertisement for orbital bombardment from Caldari, ending with a screen saying nothing but "Soon™", hehe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]