Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Do the Harlem Shake  (Read 1582 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Roll to Do the Harlem Shake
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »

Explanatory videos. Hopefully, between those and previous knowledge will give you enough of an idea of what to do.

HOW THIS WORKS
1. The current GM posts a picture, depicting several people. One is to be dancing somewhat similarly to the dancers in the Harlem Shake videos. Players are encouraged to imagine the music from the first part of the Harlem Shakes as they look at it.
2. Players claim people who aren't the dancer, and give them items and actions.
3. The GM rolls...
-a. Roll for Items: Roll a d6. 1 means pretty much the opposite, 2 means something vaguely similar but very different, 3 means an object with a similar appearance or function, 4 means essentially the desired object, 5 means the best version of the desired object, and 6 means an impractical version of the object.
-b. Roll for Actions: As standard Roll to Dodge games.
4. The GM draws up the results.
5. The player who the GM decides had the coolest result, or a random player, becomes the next GM.

Each Shake should start different than the last few, at least. Be creative--put people into all sorts of random situation!
Pictures may be created in any style the current GM desires. Treat mine as a baseline, not a standard.
Actions should be whatever the players desire, ideally something vaguely related to dancing.

Sounds like fun? Then let's begin.

-----

Shakes:

-----

Shake 1, start:

Obviously, the red guy in the middle is the dancer, but everyone else is up for grabs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Do the Harlem Shake
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »

I claim the sitting guy in the bottom left corner. I give him a bass guitar. When the bass drops, he drops the bass.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:45:56 am »

I claim the sitting guy on the right, reading. I give him a bass(Fish). When the bass drops, he drops the bass. Or Throws it. Whatever.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

I claim the guy with the hand on his face. I give him a ninja outfit, and when the bass drops, he starts flipping out (Literally).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:46:22 am »

PTW, though not playing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:56:06 am »

I claim the guy to the left of the dancer. I give him the robes of a Buddhist monk, and when the bass drops he reaches Nirvana.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:58:43 am by Emral282 »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:01 am »

Is this still going on? Cuz' this sounds awesome and I wanna join!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 06:24:22 am »

^^ ditto

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:24 am »

I claim the guy reading, when the bass drops he starts flipping out on the walls.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:06 pm »

Is this still going on? Cuz' this sounds awesome and I wanna join!
Well, if I had access to a halfway decent drawing program sure,but technical issues restrict me to my tablet.

If someone was willing to illustrate this turn, sure, but otherwise...maybe later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.